Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a newbie and have some questions regarding tuning for my stock 2010 GCSRT8.
I see Diablo Predator and Trinity devices? Which is recommended for my stock SRT8 and what will it do for performance or are they just data loggers? I also see Johan email tune that is very recommended for performance. Will this johan tune work on my stock SRT8 and what is required?

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Hello,

I am a newbie and have some questions regarding tuning for my stock 2010 GCSRT8.
I see Diablo Predator and Trinity devices? Which is recommended for my stock SRT8 and what will it do for performance or are they just data loggers? I also see Johan email tune that is very recommended for performance. Will this johan tune work on my stock SRT8 and what is required?
For a stock SRT the predator will work just fine. The trinity will allow you to log directly to the device. To log with the predator you will need to connect it to a laptop.
You will notice a difference with a tune from Johan even on a stock Jeep.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
If you want my opinion..... it's this. How much do you plan on doing to the Jeep? If you plan on starting slow or you see a blower or turbo in your future or heads and a cam, then skip the Predator and get a Trinity. Reason I say this is for tuning reasons. Yes you can log with a Predator just find with a laptop. What you can not do is tie a Wideband into it. You can with a Trinity and logs Air Fuel with your logs. That's huge for a tuner. Esp. one doing an email tune. So if you do plan on going bigger one day then spend a bit more and go with the Trinity. If you plan on tuning just a CAI, tune, and exhaust..... then like said above, get a Predator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.