Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2009 srt8 Jeep Grand Cherokee 426 stroker
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m new to the site and need help with figuring out what’s going on with my Jeep. It is stuck in limp mode it will not go over 3000 rpm,won’t shift into overdrive I manually shift it to keep up with traffic when I do drive it. The traction control light won’t go off. It has been an on going problem since I had it built. I had it at a shop and they had me buy a pcm an abs control module until they got tired and couldn’t figure it out then it went to the stealership and after $2500 more thrown at it. Crankshaft sensor and ati harmonic balancer reinstalled. Took it to another tuner who told me that he couldn’t tune it because of the crankshaft sensor falling out of system. $800 tow bill. Got it home and I put original pcm with an hp tune I was able to get cel light off but not traction control light. If you can help please let me know what else I can check any help is greatly appreciated. I love my Jeep but I’m almost ready to sell it.

· DONE
5,725 Posts
Tampa Fl not a hemi shop. They had rebuilt the motor a few years ago so I didn’t anything of it.
Sucks they couldn't figure it out. Well, if nobody chimes in with any ideas give Stage6 motorsports a call. They are in Jacksonville. Ask for Dwight. They are somewhat close to you and they know these Jeeps.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sucks they couldn't figure it out. Well, if nobody chimes in with any ideas give Stage6 motorsports a call. They are in Jacksonville. Ask for Dwight. They are somewhat close to you and they know these Jeeps.
Thanks I will give them a call I appreciate your help.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Eskle will do. Actually every place I took it to I told them I wanted them checked out. But I don’t think they did so I went ahead and ordered a scanner that is supposed to be able to check them. I should have it in a couple of days.

· BlaBlaBla
5,400 Posts
Thanks Eskle will do. Actually every place I took it to I told them I wanted them checked out. But I don’t think they did so I went ahead and ordered a scanner that is supposed to be able to check them. I should have it in a couple of days.
They can get misaligned too. I drove around for years with a plastic vp fuel can cap used as a wedge. Car was giving me fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
16 Posts
Hello I’m new to the site and need help with figuring out what’s going on with my Jeep. It is stuck in limp mode it will not go over 3000 rpm,won’t shift into overdrive I manually shift it to keep up with traffic when I do drive it. The traction control light won’t go off. It has been an on going problem since I had it built. I had it at a shop and they had me buy a pcm an abs control module until they got tired and couldn’t figure it out then it went to the stealership and after $2500 more thrown at it. Crankshaft sensor and ati harmonic balancer reinstalled. Took it to another tuner who told me that he couldn’t tune it because of the crankshaft sensor falling out of system. $800 tow bill. Got it home and I put original pcm with an hp tune I was able to get cel light off but not traction control light. If you can help please let me know what else I can check any help is greatly appreciated. I love my Jeep but I’m almost ready to sell it.
Ask your tuner to ensure the PCM Isn’t program to reflect a 7.0 engine. I had very similar circumstances, when my tuner changed 6.4l to 7.0l. Once that was changed I had no more issues.

· BlaBlaBla
5,400 Posts
Stroked post got me thinking…
Make sure your gear ratio is set to 373.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
16 Posts
The 6.4l reference was referring to my situation. I was simply sharing what happened in the tuning of my Jeep. A 426 is 7.0 in liters, and when I informed my tuner that my block was a 426, he changed the liter setting in my ECU. It caused some on the same problem you’re experiencing. We consulted with another tuner, who informed us that he had the same issue once, and changing it back resolved it. So we did. Apparently, few functions in the software reference the engine size cell in their computation.
Just sharing… for what it’s worth.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 6.4l reference was referring to my situation. I was simply sharing what happened in the tuning of my Jeep. A 426 is 7.0 in liters, and when I informed my tuner that my block was a 426, he changed the liter setting in my ECU. It caused some on the same problem you’re experiencing. We consulted with another tuner, who informed us that he had the same issue once, and changing it back resolved it. So we did. Apparently, few functions in the software reference the engine size cell in their computation.
Just sharing… for what it’s worth.
I will have him check it /set it to6.1 not 7.0 thanks

· Premium Member
2013 Wk2 Srt8
262 Posts
With the traction control light on I would say wheel speed sensor and or your steering wheel center may need a reset I think it is with the engine running and in park full lock left and the full lock right and back to center and turn the car off I’m going off memory the procedure I have said my not be correct but if gives you the idea pretty easy to research

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
With the traction control light on I would say wheel speed sensor and or your steering wheel center may need a reset I think it is with the engine running and in park full lock left and the full lock right and back to center and turn the car off I’m going off memory the procedure I have said my not be correct but if gives you the idea pretty easy to research
Thank you I will check that out.

· Registered
2007 GC SRT8 Procharger PSC1 Stage 2, Stainless Works Headers and Mid Pipes, Solo Catback, 85mm T
45 Posts
Get Blown or forever be in limp mode ......:p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts