Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy an 08, either black or red. I have a tight budget so high miles are ok. Want all options. Stock or close to stock is preferable. Looking to spend around 25K. Willing to travel somewhat for the right one. If you have anything, please PM me! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks man!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Dont know how far your willing to travel but I know of a nice 08 here in Jersey.

·
Registered
611 Posts
They want 35K for it. It has 33,800 miles. I offered them 30K cash a few months ago but they didnt bite.
Here are some pics:

Well anyway heres my good deed for the day :D

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I looked at this also. I'm going back Monday for service, and I will ask about this to try and get the whole picture of last owner and what it was traded for. What is your figure for what you can spend including shipping? I'll see if I can get a good offer if your interested.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
There is also that white one for sale in Texas that the seller needs to sell. He drop the price. He prob would take twenty five. It's custom white though. That's the problem whith selling, he spent money to do that and thinks he should get money out of it but when you do that you depreciate the value of the car.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked at this also. I'm going back Monday for service, and I will ask about this to try and get the whole picture of last owner and what it was traded for. What is your figure for what you can spend including shipping? I'll see if I can get a good offer if your interested.
Well, I still have to pay taxes on it when I got it back to Cali, so I literally could only spend 25K on the Jeep, plus 1k to ship it. They wouldn't go for that. I offered 25k on one in So Cal yesterday that they had for $29,900, and the guy told me to go pound sand even though it's been on their lot for 2 1/2 months...I hate salesmen.

There is also that white one for sale in Texas that the seller needs to sell. He drop the price. He prob would take twenty five. It's custom white though. That's the problem whith selling, he spent money to do that and thinks he should get money out of it but when you do that you depreciate the value of the car.
I actually like that one. But the paint job makes me nervous because who knows how good of a job they did. Maybe I will PM that guy.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump to the top! Ok guys, looks like my VW is being sold this weekend, which means I am without a car as of Saturday. So I need to find a Jeep! Let me know what you have. I might consider an 07 if it's a really good deal!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Theres a 08 in the classifieds with 38K miles on it.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya, but I have a budget :(

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It doesn't matter, as long as it wasn't molested with stupid mods. I swear, every single one I find around me has some big ass ghetto wheels on it. It makes me mad.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Tamara, the cheapest '08, I have found with hid's etc and all the bells and whistles was the Herb Chambers one at $26k....That one seems to be SOLD now! So I know that you can find one in your price range with no regrets. When I was looking for my Harley Truck and sold my other vehicle, I bought a '97 Ford Explorer for $2,000 at that time(Probably worth $500 now lol but cheaper than renting a vehicle) and I waited for the perfect deal which was several months after, specked out exactly as I wanted it, and right in my town as well and in mint condition. If I did'nt wait, I would have ended up paying several thousands more for a vehicle that was not exactly what I wanted and I would have ended up seeing the vehicle that I really wanted and would have had regrets, buyers remorse etc. So do yourself a favor and buy a cheap beater Ford Explorer or whatever for a few hundred dollars and wait cause the right deal will come along and you will regret it!

Bump to the top! Ok guys, looks like my VW is being sold this weekend, which means I am without a car as of Saturday. So I need to find a Jeep! Let me know what you have. I might consider an 07 if it's a really good deal!

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
I know you want a 08 but if your on a budget you may have to make a sacrafice this 07 looks pretty clean and is local. Hell!! 21k leaves money for mods to. If it were me i'd rather have a lower mileage 07 then a 08 with a gang of mileage. good luck with your search though.

<commercial link removed as per Buy/Sell rules>

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tamara, the cheapest '08, I have found with hid's etc and all the bells and whistles was the Herb Chambers one at $26k....That one seems to be SOLD now! So I know that you can find one in your price range with no regrets. When I was looking for my Harley Truck and sold my other vehicle, I bought a '97 Ford Explorer for $2,000 at that time(Probably worth $500 now lol but cheaper than renting a vehicle) and I waited for the perfect deal which was several months after, specked out exactly as I wanted it, and right in my town as well and in mint condition. If I did'nt wait, I would have ended up paying several thousands more for a vehicle that was not exactly what I wanted and I would have ended up seeing the vehicle that I really wanted and would have had regrets, buyers remorse etc. So do yourself a favor and buy a cheap beater Ford Explorer or whatever for a few hundred dollars and wait cause the right deal will come along and you will regret it!
I was thinking the same exact thing. I might need to get a beater for now. I do have my Harley I can ride, but my commute is pretty rough to do that everyday. Maybe I can borrow the POS minivan my grandparents just leave sitting there. But ya, if it comes down to it, I might buy myself a little beater.

So that one at Herb Chambers is sold? I was going to call them today.

I know you want a 08 but if your on a budget you may have to make a sacrafice this 07 looks pretty clean and is local. Hell!! 21k leaves money for mods to. If it were me i'd rather have a lower mileage 07 then a 08 with a gang of mileage. good luck with your search though.

<commercial link removed as per Buy/Sell rules>
Can you PM me with it? And I also agree with you. I will get an 07 if it's a good deal. I'm REALLY leaning towards red now for some reason, but black is good too. I guess I can't be too picky with such a strict budget! Too bad I don't have 32K or I would buy yours in a second!

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Pm sent !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have put a deposit down on a Jeep, so for now, I'm not looking for one. I will update this when I have it for sure!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
I have put a deposit down on a Jeep, so for now, I'm not looking for one. I will update this when I have it for sure!
Sweet, hope everything falls into place for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.