Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help is appreciated. I have a WK1 SRT8 Jeep GC. 60k miles, with a 426 stroker and Vortech V2. I have a light for the airbag. Checking the steering via AutoLogic it’s the clock spring/turn angle sensor. So I know that issue.

I have a grinding when turning left, only at slow speed and only forward, not reverse. It’s binding and hard to turn. (Right is fine) yesterday I rebuilt the T/C added new Clutches, fluid, etc. Everything was tight and the clutches I removed looked new. I installed new rotors and brakes although I know that’s not the problem. I checked the hubs, all seemed tight and sounded fine.

Anyone with this issue? I have absolutely no noises, Jeep drives great, no rattles, the only issue besides clock spring is this left turn issue.

Help.......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I need a clock spring. I knew that but wasn’t sure what the binding issue was. Turns out when I turn left it’s telling the vehicle to pulse the ABS and is engaging that caliper. So after an unneeded fluid swap, and unneeded clutches in the TC. It’s just a clock spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts