Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my truck on the market.
2007/Steel Blue - 54,000.00 miles.
Motor needs to be replaced.
Ecellent Paint. No scratches or dings.
Stock except MOPAR CAI.
10,000 miles on Nitto 420 tires.
Jeep will be in Reno, Nevada on 10/18.
(it is currently sitting at Carson City Dodge)
$15,000.00

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I'm interested too. Please show pics like stated above. Thanks!

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Any pics of this Beast? Would not mind another Steel Blue in the Garage...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the interest. The interior is excellent. No kids. Daily driver and road machine for the 500 mile drive from LA to RENO. Always performed great, up until "crap-out." Wheels a bit ragged on the edges from curb rash, but easily cleaned up. Front bumper cover cracked and needs to be replaced. Original owner. Sorry about pictures. I am in Kansas City and will be going up to Nevada Tuesday to arrange to get Jeep away from dealer. I will take some pictures,but last time I saw it the truck was dirty from their lot (it was clean when it was towed there). THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lookin at getting one of these. What's hurt in the motor. Need just a bottom end, or whole new motor? How'd it get hurt, just curiosity?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
+1 for details on what needs to be rebuilt .. complete new longblock or are the heads still good ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The motor overheated without warning. I live in Los Angeles and the truck is in Nevada. Chrysler wanted 3-7 hundred dollars to tear it down and 3-700 hundred dollars to put the motor back together at my cost, just to determine cause of failure. Complete BS. Thermostat was found to be frozen shut. Severe heat. I have not had the time or money to move further. I am having the JEEP towed to my house in Reno. Assume complete rebuild.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will post pics when I get back to lthis weekend. The truck was towed here in reno from Carson city yesterday. It is in my nephews shop. He is going to do a pressure test... And advise tomorrow. Thanks everybody for your support!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Darn phone. I am posting from my android and it is tough. I am heading back to LA where I live. I also own a home in reno, just to be clear ably what is going on. I may just let the jeep sit on the garage in Nevada for the winter and deal with this in The spring.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Definitely interested as long as the title is clear and the condition is as stated. Need some pictures!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK evrybody I am back. The truck turns over and runs. Lots of blue smoke out through the exhaust. racket from timing chain tensioner and probably valves. The good news is the engine is seized up. I would still assume complete re-build, but won't know about the condition of parts until the motor is disassembled. There you have it. I don't believe I mentioned it but the truck was tagged at low speed in the rear last year, yielding scratched bumper cover and slight ding to exhaust tips. All replaced by Golden Hammer here in Santa Monica...back up sensers etc. I wanted to list this because it will probably come up on car fax. I have had alot of interest. Dealer in Glendale offered me over what I am asking, but I would like to keep it in the forum. If nobody steps up with a serious offer I will keep it and replace with 426.

·
Registered
56 Posts
OK evrybody I am back. The truck turns over and runs. Lots of blue smoke out through the exhaust. racket from timing chain tensioner and probably valves. The good news is the engine is seized up. I would still assume complete re-build, but won't know about the condition of parts until the motor is disassembled. There you have it. I don't believe I mentioned it but the truck was tagged at low speed in the rear last year, yielding scratched bumper cover and slight ding to exhaust tips. All replaced by Golden Hammer here in Santa Monica...back up sensers etc. I wanted to list this because it will probably come up on car fax. I have had alot of interest. Dealer in Glendale offered me over what I am asking, but I would like to keep it in the forum. If nobody steps up with a serious offer I will keep it and replace with 426.
Unless something has changed its got a home here in Houston.

Paul call Jethro!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is it still available? I'm in so cal, I know the truck is n Reno but any plans on shipping it down?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Would you be willing to take thirteen thousand cash for your jeep, I would be willing to come and pick up anytime.

Manuel

I am putting my truck on the market.
2007/Steel Blue - 54,000.00 miles.
Motor needs to be replaced.
Ecellent Paint. No scratches or dings.
Stock except MOPAR CAI.
10,000 miles on Nitto 420 tires.
Jeep will be in Reno, Nevada on 10/18.
(it is currently sitting at Carson City Dodge)
$15,000.00

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.