Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at putting a class II hitch on my 06. Some of the fit guides keep asking if I have OEM tow hooks? What does this have to do with installation of a hitch? And does the 06 have them? I know I don't have them on front but are they talking about some hooks underneath in the rear? Thanks!

· Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
I have no idea what they are talking about but there is only one Class II hitch for our Jeep and it is made by Mopar. There also is a Class I made by Curt. The rest need to be customized in some shape or form

· Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm not sure either. I may go with the mopar hitch though. I called my jeep dealer and they said there isn't a OEM hitch for the 06. I thought they would know about the mopar hitch, guess not.

· Super Moderator
11,080 Posts

· Registered
3,440 Posts
Does anyone know if the stock exhaust tips would worm with that Mopar hitch? The description says the turned down tips are required.

· Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Does anyone know if the stock exhaust tips would worm with that Mopar hitch? The description says the turned down tips are required.
Where have you been for the 3yrs you have been a member? This question has been answered many, many times. Most of the time by me, so again you do not need to buy the walrus tips. They also work with the Mopar/Corsa exhaust and probably others.

· Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.