Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even the Jeep dealer told me this place would be my best bet. Here's the deal. A combination of the "lovely" New England winter and Eagle RSA's left me with a big tear in the rear bumper. Obviously I have to get it replaced... this is the second time. Won't mention what happened to the original bumper:rolleyes:.

So when the bumper was replaced, the black part around the pipes ( truck is red) was now smooth, not textured like the front. Before I could get to the dealer to complain, I needed bumper #2. So I went to the dealer and he looked it up and told me that part has been changed to smooth. I really hate that it doesn't match the front.

He checked across the country to see if anyone had the old one and came up empty.

Here's what's running through my mind:
1. Anyone here know where I can get a rear bumper with the original textured black paint.
2. I think maybe the bumper being all red like the 2008 would look better to me than the smooth black. Would I be able to get a bumper for say a 2008 and the paint code from my 2006. Also would a 2008 or so be interchangable with 2006?
3. Suck it up and get the smooth black:(.

Thx!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Even the Jeep dealer told me this place would be my best bet. Here's the deal. A combination of the "lovely" New England winter and Eagle RSA's left me with a big tear in the rear bumper. Obviously I have to get it replaced... this is the second time. Won't mention what happened to the original bumper:rolleyes:.

So when the bumper was replaced, the black part around the pipes ( truck is red) was now smooth, not textured like the front. Before I could get to the dealer to complain, I needed bumper #2. So I went to the dealer and he looked it up and told me that part has been changed to smooth. I really hate that it doesn't match the front.

He checked across the country to see if anyone had the old one and came up empty.

Here's what's running through my mind:
1. Anyone here know where I can get a rear bumper with the original textured black paint.
2. I think maybe the bumper being all red like the 2008 would look better to me than the smooth black. Would I be able to get a bumper for say a 2008 and the paint code from my 2006. Also would a 2008 or so be interchangable with 2006?
3. Suck it up and get the smooth black:(.

Thx!

Try a salvage yard. They prolly changed it to paint ready cause every other year it's painted and your the first to actually like the plastic look.

The rear bumper is the same all years except 2006 which was not all painted. Year and color won't matter if you paint the whole bumper.

3. Suck it up and get the smooth black:(

No just paint the whole bumper it looks way better.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
clevelandpickapart has a black 06 in stock that the rear bumper looks good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just had my front replaced (2006 Inferno Red) and they only could get the all smooth newer replacment part. So now my back doesn't match. Kinda a funny, we have the same problem in reverse.

Wanna trade back bumpers?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just had my front replaced (2006 Inferno Red) and they only could get the all smooth newer replacment part. So now my back doesn't match. Kinda a funny, we have the same problem in reverse.

Wanna trade back bumpers?
same exact issue here, but i dont care cuz my jeep is black. cant really tell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I lived around Cleveland I'd go check it out... I'm trying to see if anyone at home would mind going all red.

I know from my golf forums that members know the best places to get a deal on clubs so... which places should I check out for a bumper? So they come painted already if you give them the code? Not using insurance co. on this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts