Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
What a week. To get a good tune, I have to add a wide band 02 sensor bung before the catalytic converter. Ok, should be no problem.
During removal, 3 of the 4 exhaust manifold bolts broke off in the manifold - Yay!, and then the ground strap basically corroded off from the exhaust - also Yay!
Get the cat pipe off, and have the new sensor bung welded on.
While it's off, I wanted to hear how it sounded with just the exhaust manifolds. Jeep starts and runs and is very loud.
While the cat pipe is off the car laying in the driveway, I re-installed both existing front O2 sensors (but possibly flipped them, if that matters) because they were only 2 years old (NTK brand, supposedly OEM). I pitched the original after-cat sensors and replaced with NTK for those as well.
Jeep started and ran for only a second or two. Had a code for P0032.
Crawled under again and, yep, that connector wasn't together. Reattached and heard the 'click'. All good now, no codes at all.
However, the Jeep will only sputter and cough or just crank.
I can hear the fuel pump prime and I swapped the fuel pump relay for the horn relay (known working). The fuel pump fuse is also good.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to get to the next step in the build, but this has to be fixed first. Next was to install a Trinity 2, but I'd like a running engine first.

Thanks so much, in advance.

·
Registered
493 Posts
As far as I know all 4 sensors are the same #, try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reconnecting it, just to see if the pcm needs resetting

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you possibly plug the two passenger side connectors? I did that when I did my Header swap and the car would sputter and not run. Try switching just the connectors on the passenger side. It's easy to connect them to the wrong plug. It's happened to a few people on this site.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I had a similar issue when I did my headers. Front 02s weren't reading correctly and computer was trying to correct it and made it run like crap. Reconnected front 02s correctly and worked fine afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts