Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a new owner of a 07 GC SRT8 . I was in the Grand Prix world for years . Now to the question . I had ZO6 calipers on my GP and I know Brembos bolt right up to the GP then I used ZO6 calipers and they fit 14" rotor and all . Now will the ZO6 calipers fit the GC if I know the brembos are the same as 300"s magnums and Camaros ? Has anyone tried ? Thanks Pat

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
What year and model grand prixs did you own?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What year and model grand prixs did you own?
2003 GTP still have it . I have been reading up on the pads . I will try to bolt them up this weekend and see I can't see why they wouldn't fit since the brembo's fit my gp and they are the same only being a 6 pot instead of 4 and maybe wheel clearance since the ZO6 are HUGE

·
Registered
410 Posts
I really hope they work but not going to hold my breath. Pls report back though if they did bolt up and fit would be a great mod for shure!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
+1 , would be nice to upgrade my front ones ...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
yikes theyre huge...the new srt calipers are the same set up (6 piston iirc) hopefully its a go for you? hope theres no problem with the brake caliper bias. i know on my altima i had to have my friend install some sort of valve to not let as much fluid to the fronts as the rears to avoid locking up or sliding out or something. not exactly sure what it was but either way. good luck!

·
Registered
271 Posts
yikes theyre huge...the new srt calipers are the same set up (6 piston iirc) hopefully its a go for you? hope theres no problem with the brake caliper bias. i know on my altima i had to have my friend install some sort of valve to not let as much fluid to the fronts as the rears to avoid locking up or sliding out or something. not exactly sure what it was but either way. good luck!
You're referring to a proportioning valve. Had one on my Turbo 200sx when I had a wilwood HBO on the front and maxima brakes on the rear.

Would be sweet if they do bolt up. Subscribed.

·
Registered
740 Posts
im all for upgrades, but my truck stops with a vengence on stock brakes. stock brakes are serious for this truck. is the price worth the performance gain?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im all for upgrades, but my truck stops with a vengence on stock brakes. stock brakes are serious for this truck. is the price worth the performance gain?
I have the calipers and pads already so why not . If I had to buy them to try I wouldn't do it . But they are on the shelf and ready to try . Plus isn't 6 pot better then 4 ?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have the calipers and pads already so why not . If I had to buy them to try I wouldn't do it . But they are on the shelf and ready to try . Plus isn't 6 pot better then 4 ?
your gonna be surprised with my answer but the truth is, in some cases it is better, in some it aint.

i typically upgrade things like brakes when i exceed the stockers. for instance, my truck stops hard from all speeds, doesnt fade, and dont vibrate. teh stockers hold up for everything i throw at them. i have never road raced the jeep so cant comment on how they handle that.

if you throw those on, you will at least need to adjust valve proportioning. after you get everything done. can you quantify the performance boost you gained? do they fade less, bite harder? stop quicker?

hell i dont even buy drilled and slotted rotors cause i have seen no gain in performance for me. my s2k makes 450whp, and i run on stock calipers, stock rotors, and carbotech ax6 pads. pads where the only thing i upgraded cause i actually faded the stockers on the street.

i have yet to do that to the trucks brakes. i woulda bought oem pads, but they are rediculously priced, so i went with stop techs.

i am curious to see how it works for you though. i admire ingenuity.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It will not fit at all the brackets are way off . I am going to contact Kore3 they did my W-body barcket maybe he can make me one .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts