1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Nice!! They make good sh!t..

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I miss my old Procharger!!! I had a P1 in an '02 Yukon. There is no way to hide the fact that you were blown with that thing. It was loud. At idle, it sounded like there were rocks in my engine and at full throttle, it sounded like a jet plane.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Is this a new kit? i'm very interested...

any more details available?

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Is this a new kit? i'm very interested...

any more details available?
It is a new kit. There isnt much informations yet.. should be available around december...
Theres another thread created by Andy with a bit more details..

Sent from my LG-P925g using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Interesting! Cant wait to see the results with these on the Jeep.

Love the air to air intercooler as well... I wonder if it can be made to work with the Vortech V-3 blower...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
858 Posts
now why would you go and say they do not know what they are doin??
Mate i have had procharger p1sc on my 300c 540rwp and vortech v3 on my jeep 519rwhp . i can say that both kits are fantastic , i like the gearbox of ATI but i prefer the vortech braketry and low noise as std approach , i dont beleive you should ask for a quieter blower and have to pay for it , its supposed to be a legal kit right ???

Mate down here in Australia we pay ALOT MORE FOR OUR BITS THAN YOU GUYS DO , so let me tell ya when i have to spend 7000 dollars for a basic kit my opinion is what comforts me at the end of the day to satisfy my buyers remorse,
im happy with both kits , for different reasons.. Procharger looks better, no doubt, the casting and even the colour of the alloy just looks more robust, refined and heavier duty. they also make a little more grunt , Vortech as a kit is more complete though, but makes a little more midrange grunt, i had every screw zip tie , bracket i could ask for , even came with a new replacement fuel pump (cuz in jeep you gotta do FP wiring so they give it to ya as good measure)

in short buddy , its just an air cleaner, who reaces with it on anyway? if your gonna right off a whole multi million dollar engineering company because of that, maybe best you use a novi paxton then strap a mopar intake to it , then a medic hood, then a macdonalds drive through bin lid on top so your satisfied, lol...:fight:

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
....hey mate, I believe he was being sarcastic.... LOL

ProCharger wouldn't put something out there that wasn't bad azz & atleast on par with all other stuff.

I am just "STUCK" on wanting a turbo now...... you are using exhaust....rather than crank HP to make more POWER....?

....even though I can't afford anything..... just "wanting" is what I meant.

·
Registered
858 Posts
yeah all good bro ,

i was being a smartass as well lol

mate im really touchy on this subject, im a procharger dealer , i had to resort to vortech. DONT GET ME WRONG ITS A MAD KIT , 11.6 at 117 now on 245 tyres alround , totally stock engine, and kit. Procharger told me over the phone after i spent 10 min on hold international call rates that procharger would NEVER do a kit now for jeeps as the market had come and gone, so being a dealer of procharger i did it with a Vortech, and now they are releasing a kit??? F%^K me man, it was only 3 months ago this all happend , customers are losing faith as i preached ATI and went Vortech on my own rig , it comes across as though "" ill give you Ati but ill use vortech""",, mmmmm very bad communication , but i guess it is what it is, so now im summing up to upgrade to YSI and stick to Vortech , or see what Procharger can do for me in terms of a cheap ass kit if they want me to chase southern hemisphere records for them .. OR as you said ""turbo"" , i am Greek , but ive been a ricer all my life, small cubes big boost ,, supporting technology rather than cubes,,,, GTR GTS 2jZ twins, singles, you name it ive done it ,
im not chasing to beat the big boys , just be the man in OZ. As this is my daily driver , 20000miles rig, cost me 70,000 bucks and another 8000 by the time i supercharge it , you can understand my frustration when we gotta pay SO much more to play the same game and the support just aint there, well for us anyway... :boohoo:

cheers all ,

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
^^maaan, you got it rough down there brother! Gotta pay a lot more to play "Down Unda"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts