Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I can't believe it! I certainly wasn't expecting this. Just got go get this exhaust louder.
Seems about right for highway mileage. But then again it's almost a
25 gallon tank.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
4,269 Posts
Pretty sweet!
Shes not much of a fuel saver... But I like the convenience of having a large tank! Great for long trips.

Do you put regular fuel in it? I guess it wouldnt hurt any since you can only run the stock tune.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
really? i don't pay attention to what i pay for gas but i don't remember it being much over $60 to fill her up with 91
On my recent trip it was around high $80's per tank @ ~24 gallons of premium.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
806 Posts
Pretty sweet!
Shes not much of a fuel saver... But I like the convenience of having a large tank! Great for long trips.

Do you put regular fuel in it? I guess it wouldnt hurt any since you can only run the stock tune.
seriously?

· Registered
425 Posts
I don't see the logic of buying a $60K+ hi-performance vehicle and using cheap gasoline.

Also, all these recent threads and posts about gas mileage is comical. When I bought my WK2, the last thing on my mind was gas mileage.

There's only one word that describes the WK2's gas mileage: terrible........and I don't care.

If gas mileage is so important, then buy a Prius.

Reactions: 2fst4u

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
In the WK1 using less than the recommended 91 or better octane could cause worse gas mileage. I assume the same for the WK2

The engine is designed to run higher octane, but put lower and the engine will knock more.

But yes, I like to see the best mileage I can on long trips, but I don't worry about it. I know it's a gas hog. There's no way around it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
405 Posts
everyone saw this sticker on their jeep when they bought it right? i'm seeing the same mpg as my wk1 (14.x). when hwy cruising it will sometimes hit 16.x, but i've never averaged that for a tank. bigger capacity tank is nice to have though.

· Registered
4,269 Posts
Lol.. I wouldn't put regular in it either. I was just asking if the OP did because I wanted to figure out what it would cost to fill up that tank.

I was just taking a poke at the fact that it's not like it would hurt anything since the stock tune had plenty of power left on the table and usually runs very rich anyway.

Unlike like my Jeep. If I run regular gas and go WOT I have a good chance of destroying my spark plugs...

· Registered
4,269 Posts
I don't see the logic of buying a $60K+ hi-performance vehicle and using cheap gasoline.

Also, all these recent threads and posts about gas mileage is comical. When I bought my WK2, the last thing on my mind was gas mileage.

There's only one word that describes the WK2's gas mileage: terrible........and I don't care.

Lol people still complaining about gas mileage...
Gas mileage is important to me. And I run a big fuel system (thanks to Stage6 ;) ) with big injectors and a supercharger. My Jeep probably gets around 6-8MPG and I don't plan on taking my foot off the gas pedal anytime soon!
Like I said gas mileage IS important to me. So I bought a Prius.... Seriously. It's an 09 and I named her "pantydropr"
Check out my Pri in the my garage section. :)

I've gotten 556 miles in 1 tank. I can get 53MPGs average and the most gas I can fit in a tank when I fill up is 10.3gallons. Which costs about $33
$33 = over 500 miles <---- Baller status! :D that's how she earned her name. The lady's love it. :lol:

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
I get about 17mpg's on the highway at 70-75. My MPG thingy in my truck says Avg is 13.2 around town. Turbo's FTW!

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol. This was a misunderstanding in my end because I didn't know the tank was bigger. I only had the thing for 2 days. I was used to my WK1 being empty after 225 miles. I ended up making it go almost 300 miles on a tank and that's because of the bigger tank size and yes I only run premium gas in my rigs. All of them!

· Registered
22 Posts

i totally agree

· Registered
464 Posts
I love the big tank. Last time I drove cross country I had to fill up two times compared to every pee stop. That was annoying.

With the jeep, it's a 1:1 ratio. Thus saving time and frustration. I actually think it could almost be 2 pee stops to 1 tank with the jeep, but that may also be because I'm getting older and have to pee more.

Either way, along the west coast at 72mph I managed to avg 20.5mpg from Northern California to Vancouver BC.

I've been pleased with the mileage, I expected worse :p

I don't know what I do in cities, I don't want to know :p

Filling up in the states is a pleasure, I'm usually 80$. As opposed to Canada where I can get to 120$

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.