Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

20" or 21's"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going with 360 Forged Mesh 8's....brushed centers with chrome lips. Wheels will be 10" wide and have 2.5" and 3" lips according to them. Now I need to decide on diameter. Don't want 22's....don't look right IMO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if yours is lowered, i'd stay with the 20's... plus tires will be cheaper...

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
21s will definitely look better, just keep in mind the tires are going to be ridiculously expensive...same with 19s, 23s, etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I presume you are upgrading more for looks than performance, in which case I would say go with 21s because I think they will look better albeit at a higher cost. Were you ever able to get the specs on the back spacing?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I presume you are upgrading more for looks than performance, in which case I would say go with 21s because I think they will look better albeit at a higher cost. Were you ever able to get the specs on the back spacing?
26mm was stamped on the wheel hub, but unsure if that is it. They said they don't need it as they are custom wheels. They did get some measurements on 2012 SRT-8 so we'll see. They gurantee a perfect fit.

Going with 21's...ordering tomorrow!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Larger wheels are so much a personal taste thing.... For example, the stock 20s look awesome, but when beside the 22s they look tiny (to me the larger wheels look way better but I know many others prefer the smaller wheels with more sidewall on the tires.....).
IMO, If you are going for looks, I am not sure a 1" increase will give you that big of an impact....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Larger wheels are so much a personal taste thing.... For example, the stock 20s look awesome, but when beside the 22s they look tiny (to me the larger wheels look way better but I know many others prefer the smaller wheels with more sidewall on the tires.....).
IMO, If you are going for looks, I am not sure a 1" increase will give you that big of an impact....
I think it will be the perfect compromise...don't want 22's, but if I'm paying mucho denero I want a little something lol. 1" can be significant (there's a million jokes in there) on this design as the fingers/spokes will look that much longer. We'll see....:grinbiginvert:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Can't wait to see them; the 360 Forged line is one on my favourites out there! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Its true the 21"s are way more expensive I have them on my S-class everytime I get the bill it's more and Pirelli just dropped the 21"s.I had a front tire go out and had to replace both of them in Michelins it was way more than usual. The 22" is a way more popular size.I want the lowering kit from Eibach and see its height before I pull the trigger.I would go with the 22"s deep concave ADV1 in that event maybe one of these.I really like the 360 Concave series as well

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
We definitely need some chops. Concave is a great style on the right car, but like Deep Dish it only works on some. I would get a rendering first, otherwise you may turn your beast into a rice burner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts