Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep just changed the search inventory feature of their shopping tools menu. Trying to select just SRT8s did not work for me. So I chose SHOW: 50 vehicles per page, and sorted by MSRP. I also selected over 200 miles as the distance, to get all inventory in the U.S. The SRT8 Jeeps were on the last pages. I counted 3 full pages, 20 on the last page, and 12 on the first page which had SRT8's (hence the 182). I know the list is not quite accurate - e.g., Videon and Spirit have sold their Jeeps.

I was surprised to see so many - a few days ago there were only 44 (but that was using the old search feature, which had a max of 200 miles distance).

So using the apples and apples theory, I changed the distance on the new search feature to 200 miles, and I counted 64.

So either the old feature was flawed, or the new feature is flawed, or.....they are really cranking out these Jeeps!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Test reply

Jeep just changed the search inventory feature of their shopping tools menu. Trying to select just SRT8s did not work for me. So I chose SHOW: 50 vehicles per page, and sorted by MSRP. I also selected over 200 miles as the distance, to get all inventory in the U.S. The SRT8 Jeeps were on the last pages. I counted 3 full pages, 20 on the last page, and 12 on the first page which had SRT8's (hence the 182). I know the list is not quite accurate - e.g., Videon and Spirit have sold their Jeeps.

I was surprised to see so many - a few days ago there were only 44 (but that was using the old search feature, which had a max of 200 miles distance).

So using the apples and apples theory, I changed the distance on the new search feature to 200 miles, and I counted 64.

So either the old feature was flawed, or the new feature is flawed, or.....they are really cranking out these Jeeps!!
Just a test to see why I can't see my own thread.

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,296 Posts
Cars.com shows 165 in the US. Some of which are sold orders. Ranging in price from a High of $81,275 to a low of $55295 and 32 'Not Priced'

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
re

They need to lower that MSRP about 10grand ....they'll have to lower it when theres still dust on them jeeps come mid-summer. Who in there right mind would pay 70k for a Jeep?...I hate to do it but the Z06 is looking better and better, even the 2012 shelby 650hp, Now thats what 60+ thousand should be......

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,296 Posts
You're probably clicking on New Posts. Never use that and I don't know why we have it. Use Active Topics!!!

Bernie
I actually use it almost every time I visit here, find it one of the best features of this site. (And no, I'm not joking!)

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
You're probably clicking on New Posts. Never use that and I don't know why we have it. Use Active Topics!!!

Bernie
I actually use it almost every time I visit here, find it one of the best features of this site. (And no, I'm not joking!)
I'm with Yaccster. You always leave off right where you left off from your last visit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
188 SRT8 Jeeps in inventory as of 12/17/11.

·
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,180 Posts
So if you're serious about getting a Jeep, could you just walk into the dealership advertising at $80k, with the one listed at $55k, and ask them to match the price?

Seems reasonable, although I already know what their response would be. First a cheap line about this being some sort of ultra-low "special edition". When that fell through, they'd tell you a line about "they're only getting one or two... etc... etc..."; then when you ask them why they can't just transfer one of the 180+ collecting dust, or just ORDER one of the thousands that haven't been built yet... they'd go into a backstepping tyraid about what the market demands or something, before disappearing behind a maze of cubicles and glass to go "talk to the manager". In which case they'd try to sucker you for a little bit less.

I know their game so well its like predicting planetary movement.

The more that collect dust, the more the "gotta have it" crowd doesn't "have to have it", and the price is destined for the $40's sooner than later.... woohoo, I can't wait!

Reactions: 5000XD

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Inventory update.

188 SRT8 Jeeps in inventory as of 12/17/11.
Inventory for SRT8 Jeeps is now 175, down 13. What is surprising is that the inventory for all Grand Cherokees is down 700 vehicles. (Select 50 per page, now there are only 340 pages; a few days ago, there were 354 pages).

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Inventory for SRT8 Jeeps is now 175, down 13. What is surprising is that the inventory for all Grand Cherokees is down 700 vehicles. (Select 50 per page, now there are only 340 pages; a few days ago, there were 354 pages).
Over the weekend it was at 370 pages....

·
Registered
425 Posts
With so many supposed WK2's out there, it puzzles me why people still preorder and put up with the anguish of having to wait months, not to mention worrying about whether their dealer will honor their price protection.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
With so many supposed WK2's out there, it puzzles me why people still preorder and put up with the anguish of having to wait months, not to mention worrying about whether their dealer will honor their price protection.
Price protection is one thing, for people that didn't pre-order, sometimes get a better deal than buying off the lot. Many dealers want sticker+ right now

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Inventory update

Inventory for SRT8 Jeeps is now 169.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Found a base one with no options in DE with an MSRP of $55295.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts