Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I just got an SRT as a family vehicle. We've had complaints from neighbors already about their building vibrating when we remote start the vehicle to warm up in the mornings. We have accommodated the neighbors/complaints and started parking out SUV facing the building (we have always reverse park in front of our garage/building)... We STILL get complaints.

I don't want to cause tension and want to be reasonable... How many recommended minutes should we have the SUV warming up for? check out the note one of the neighbors left at our door lol!

P.S. we don't have the car warming up for 30 minutes. That's just excessive. We remote start once, and I believe that it lasts for up to 15 minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leave a note on your car that says “ PS, stay in your lane “ , thank god my neighbors don’t tell me sht
Yeah, we posted something on the "NextDoor" app and got a lot of negative nancy's commenting on it. Whatever, we got our point across the board. You are so lucky! My neighbors are assholes and have nothing better to burn their calories over.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Shouldn't really be letting your car idle to 'warm up.' It's one of the worst things to do to a vehicle. My 2016 is blowing warm air within about a mile of driving first thing in the morning after a night in the upper 20's. These SRTs heat up quick. Just get in and go. You'll be ok. :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
When talking about WARM UP, are you referring to the interior temp for comfort or the engine temp? If engine temp, then no warm up is really necessary. Just start and go! I wouldn’t go all out right away, but these are modern machines with good oil flow. As long as you are are doing regular oil changes, I think you’ll be okay.

·
Registered
108 Posts
When talking about WARM UP, are you referring to the interior temp for comfort or the engine temp? If engine temp, then no warm up is really necessary. Just start and go! I wouldn’t go all out right away, but these are modern machines with good oil flow. As long as you are are doing regular oil changes, I think you’ll be okay.
I second that. Totally agree.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep GC SRT
10 Posts
Great advice on that note! If I’m ever at a red light intersection and i have to idle more than 30 seconds I’ll just drive right through so I don’t “abuse” my Jeep!

Does your Jeep have an aftermarket exhaust or the muffler/suitcase delete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Warm-up as in for comfort lol! We moved from California to Oregon, anything below 60 is cold to us.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Based on ur name, I thought Hawaii!!! Anyhow, the only time I auto started my Jeep to let it warm up was when I was in Big Bear and it was snowing. I wanted didn’t want to get into the car until after it was nice and toasty with the windows defrosted. Like you, I’m from SoCal, so anything bellow 50 is uncomfortable!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts