Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice numbers. How are you tuning the trans?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Do you also have any numbers from the EVIC. 1/4 mile and 0-60

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Curious to see how this fairs at the track. The 960 HP 2014 wk2 was having major transmission issues.

What happened to the stand alone and e85?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
If I remember correctly the Viking AD 14 couldn't cut it. Was on E85 backed by the Viking transmission but the trail went absolutely cold..... still haven't seen anyone run low-mid 11s when pushing over 620 HP at the wheels.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I know the HP was making huge numbers on the dyno but wasn't that also a complete failure at the track?

Just way too many questions than answers on these huge number builds.

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
I know the HP was making huge numbers on the dyno but wasn't that also a complete failure at the track?

Just way too many questions than answers on these huge number builds.

Ya it made 960hp but ran low 12's. HHP couldn't get it to work due to the torque management and whatever other transmission issues. The owner is a nice guy, but damn lots of money tied up into a dyno queen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
That is why I was asking how he is tuning the trans. From what I understand, no one has the full picture there about what is happening with the tuning pieces/interaction between the ECU and the TCM. Even more, my sources say that NO ONE has the ability to tune that piece on the '14+ Jeeps.

*my note here* - It has been damned near impossible with me trying to get the '14 dealer TSB flash to help with the 5-4 downshift clunking. Dealer flash will wipe my tuning. If I reapply my tuning after, it will wipe the TCM portion the dealer updates because the TCM piece is a separate 'blob' of the entire tune file that no one has fully unlocked/can touch. I will be the first to admit that I don't understand the full picture of how the ECMs are set up on the '14+ Jeeps. They are completely different than dealing with GM PCM tuning (which I've done plenty).

I could be (and would love to be) misinformed because I'd pulley down on my build and add more. I'm not built to the extent of the monster in this thread or AD's, but...

I'll just sit and wait :p

Reactions: Mohpar

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
76 mm turbo I'm using, however, has maxed out there. It has no more go, so I'm replacing it next week with a 88mm TCT turbo for the 104 octane/20 lb boost tune.

You maxed out a 76mm before 800 wheel? I thought the 76 is enough to take one to 1000 I've heard that many many times. That's pretty crazy wow

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
That is why I was asking how he is tuning the trans. From what I understand, no one has the full picture there about what is happening with the tuning pieces/interaction between the ECU and the TCM. Even more, my sources say that NO ONE has the ability to tune that piece on the '14+ Jeeps.

*my note here* - It has been damned near impossible with me trying to get the '14 dealer TSB flash to help with the 5-4 downshift clunking. Dealer flash will wipe my tuning. If I reapply my tuning after, it will wipe the TCM portion the dealer updates because the TCM piece is a separate 'blob' of the entire tune file that no one has fully unlocked/can touch. I will be the first to admit that I don't understand the full picture of how the ECMs are set up on the '14+ Jeeps. They are completely different than dealing with GM PCM tuning (which I've done plenty).

I could be (and would love to be) misinformed because I'd pulley down on my build and add more. I'm not built to the extent of the monster in this thread or AD's, but...

X2.... there are so many of us with built engines just watching for news.... I know my engine is good for 20 lbs of boost. Heck I have the parts to bump up my boost but have no idea what the transmission is going to do. All let someone else pioneer that... this pioneer is retired... LOL

Reactions: Jfra

·
Registered
315 Posts
X2.... there are so many of us with built engines just watching for news.... I know my engine is good for 20 lbs of boost. Heck I have the parts to bump up my boost but have no idea what the transmission is going to do. All let someone else pioneer that... this pioneer is retired... LOL
Exactly. I've already had enough downshifts make me think I've grenaded something again I'll wait for something proven. :silly:

Reactions: Mohpar

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts

There is no reason why you can't fash the tcm. It's a separate controller from the pcm and doesnt touch the ecm flash. The tcm is in the trans valve body, just like the GM stuff.

J

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
You maxed out a 76mm before 800 wheel? I thought the 76 is enough to take one to 1000 I've heard that many many times. That's pretty crazy wow
I agree, most 76mm turbos are expected to make 1000whp before shutting down. But not all 76mm turbos are created equally. This could have a very tight T4 housing with a small turbine - which would explain the curve - and it would choke out before a T6 with a larger wheel. Even the front cover could play a role, there are so many factors. It's a great turbo, but I vote for bigger ;) The 88 sounds good.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts