Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 14' SRT back from SHR and thought I'd share the experience. First off, this is one bad ass machine. It's so bad ass it went up in smoke on every single run on the dyno (couldnt strap it down enough to keep it from boiling the tires). Best numbers it put out were at 6lbs boost (while climbing through to 14lbs) and was making 681 rwhp when it let go. This thing runs 93 with meth injection at 14lbs, so I really cant tell what it's putting out. That's only going to get better in Jan when I send it to TES for AEM computer swap and e85 tune at 20+ lbs on meth. Anyhow, here's a rundown of whats been added:
6.4L HEMI base stroker, punched to 426
Callies crank
Custom CP pistons at 10.5:1
Molnar rods, ARP studs
Custom ground VVT cams
forgot rockers and springs :/
Fore stage 2 fuel system
ID1300 injectors
AEM methanol injection
Bullseye TCT BatMoWheel 76mm turbo
Custom full Corsa exhaust
War Viking 8HP transmission rebuild
Road Magnet lowering springs
Custom vinyl wrap from Big Daddy Wrap
Custom headlights with BiXenon lamps, Morimoto halos/demon eyes, sequential turn signals.

Because it was built/tuned at sea level and I currently reside at 4K ft, theres some minor tuning glitches that need to be ironed out, so I'm headed to TES Wed for dyno tune, in-line Innovate ethanol gauge and fuel system work. I'll report back with some numbers if I can next week and again once I get the comp swap and e85 upgrade.

Short video of headlights at dusk:

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.bourke.9/videos/10153387044823655/

Short vid of it moving midway through tuning:

https://www.facebook.com/southernhotrod/videos/10154469607638298/

Build pics:

Trans-
[/URL][/IMG]

Plumbing and Corsa exhaust-
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Intercooler-
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Methanol Injection kit-
[/URL][/IMG]

Finished Engine Bay-
[/URL][/IMG]

Dyno rubber (up in smoke on dyno)-
[/URL][/IMG]

External pics, vinyl and headlights-
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

More to come as its dialed in :)

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Very nice looking build man.....I love those headlights! What fuel pumps are you using with this build?

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Nice build!!! I hope that crank holds up for you. I had 2 callies cranks break on me and I'm not even boosted.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Love'n those headlights,not fan of red on hood tho but Sick Ride for sure!!!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Wow that's one bad ass ride.

But really, the headlights, the red on the hood? Those belong on a civic man, but hey whatever floats your boat!
THIS! jeez I was so excited reading this build until I saw that crap. Awesome someone is doing a crazy build on an 8 speed, unfortunate that it went from looking like an aggressive classy sleeper, to a $30k illegal immigrant looking ride.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
A-Kon can be brutal sometimes but damn if he isn't spot on with this one! Great build though, not liking the wrap or those hood stripes though. But one hell of a build!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THIS! jeez I was so excited reading this build until I saw that crap. Awesome someone is doing a crazy build on an 8 speed, unfortunate that it went from looking like an aggressive classy sleeper, to a $30k illegal immigrant looking ride.
Lol man, that's pretty funny. I'm kinda second guessing it myself. When I sent it out, I told the wrap shop to make a base black matte finish and use whatever creative accents they wanted to. This is the result :/ It's, however, not long for this world. I'm on Black Ops waiting list for the CF/CF CFR hood. What's on there will be replaced whenever that gets here anyhow.
The lights are here to stay. It's not everyone's taste, but I think it adds a bit of something to it, especially on the showroom floor, which is where it's headed once I'm done with the build.

·
Thread Derailer
5,081 Posts
Is the wrap just to keep the oily finger prints off the paint until the insane boost job is complete? Great job buddy!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope. The wrap is there to stay. The hood is being replaced, though. Not sure how long that will take. I'm #11 on Chad's list :/ As far as engine/engine bay, comp swap, e85 tune, Black Ops aluminum strut tower only things left on the list. Interior mods come after that

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Nice work. That's a beast. Amy track runs and do you have to manually shift the transmission. Have they been able to pride any tuning for the trans

Reactions: Passmg2

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice work. That's a beast. Amy track runs and do you have to manually shift the transmission. Have they been able to pride any tuning for the trans
No hard runs yet until it's dialed in at my altitude. I'm heading down to TES tomorrow to have them do a solid pump gas dyno tune. When I get it back next week I'll try a few runs. I just can't wait till the e85 tune is in and get some real numbers.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Still can't get over the fact you must manually shift with this transmission under WOT. So i have been told

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Someone needs to learn how to strap it down on the dyno. At that low of hp, there's no way it should be spinning the tires on the dyno. Even at 1300rwhp, my Jeep doesn't spin the tires. At 1200rwhp, George's Jeep didn't spin them, at 1100rwhp Eskle's and Thomas' didn't spin the tires.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I thought the same thing when I saw the dyno rollers like WTF? How much power is this thing making? lol nice build!

Reactions: Passmg2
1 - 20 of 59 Posts