Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently aquired 2 10lbs nitrous bottles for a dual bottle system i am putting in my truck. i am very happy but i am also extemly anal with how things look and i am big on things looking symetrical as i do enter my truck in shows as well as races. i have 1 nitrous express bottle and one zex bottle (both 10lbs bottles each). i can use either one so i was wondering if there is someone who will trade me either one nitrous express bottle(10lbs) or a zex bottle (10lbs) that are in good shape. im not wooried too much about the valves as i will be putting new ones on both bottles and i am having the bottles painted but i would like them in good shape with no dents in them.. please pm me with any questions or details thanks..

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I thought you were going to paint them both?

hey E! i am ur gonna think im nuts but when i bought them to get painted my paint guy had the bottles side by side and the bottom of the necks of the bottles are a little different and the bottom of the bottles are a little different too. im not dissapointed or anything just really anal. i am painting them lime green .its hard to see but once i know it there it bugs the hell outt of me. i wouldntt care but i do alot of car shows soo i try to be as perfect as i can..

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Joe, before you go [email protected] crazy painting nitrous bottles...... you do realize these bottles are going to get banged around when filling and scratched just from strapping them down..right? I'm pretty freakin anal too, but after only 4 refills, the bottom of the bottles get all scratched up. Get 2 bottles to paint for just show, and 2 for racing if you want it mint.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most of the places I've been that fill nitrous, haven't been the most delicate with the bottles....

im actually having something made for that. its gonna be like a rubber condum/jacket for the bottles that i can put the bottle in and it will protect the whole bottle up to the neck. its about 1/8th inch thick rubber that verry flexable. almost like a bodyglove material :) i got it covered.lol

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
im actually having something made for that. its gonna be like a rubber condum/jacket for the bottles that i can put the bottle in and it will protect the whole bottle up to the neck. its about 1/8th inch thick rubber that verry flexable. almost like a bodyglove material :) i got it covered.lol

I want one.....:p

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im actaully researching to see if they make somewthing like this already. if not i can have a buddy make this for us. i will keep u in the loop.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
someone has to have one of these bottles they dont want???lol

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i u think its thick enought to prevent scratching wwhen getting filled? do u keep ur bottles in that when u get filled?

·
Registered
635 Posts
i u think its thick enought to prevent scratching wwhen getting filled? do u keep ur bottles in that when u get filled?

I think it's thick enough...I don't run juice so I couldn't tell ya!

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just out of curiosity, if your going to paint them, why trade? Are the bottles shaped different?

they are minor differences yes. the bottoms of each bottle is different and the nexk is slightly different. since u will be able to see both of these with the way i am setting it up i want them to be the same

Reactions: supabusa

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
With the shot you are going to spray, you don't really need to run 2 bottles in your truck. Why not just setup the system to run 1 bottle at a time and swap them out when you get low? Besides, it's illegal to have nitrous hooked up on the street in most states...

J

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To be honest the reason I want to run to bottles is astehetics. I like things to be symetrical. With one bottle I have the subwoofer off to the left side. With 2 bottles I'm able to move the sub to the center of the rear with a bottle placed on each side. I also don't want to move the sub center with a bottle right infront of it. It's also an excuse to get me to work on the truck wich I enjoy :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
With the shot you are going to spray, you don't really need to run 2 bottles in your truck. Why not just setup the system to run 1 bottle at a time and swap them out when you get low? Besides, it's illegal to have nitrous hooked up on the street in most states...

J
2 Bottles will hold pressure all day won't it Joel?

1 Bottle will lose pressure each run you make.....Which means after each pass you have less and less pressure!

Correct me if I'm wrong though!

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Thats probably a good thing for Joe ;) j/k It all depends on how big of a shot hes running. He was only talking about a 100 shot Which should last a while.

Bottles are for babies anyway :)

J

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

J[/QUOTE]
:(

Either 100 or 125 I'm gonna run

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Thats probably a good thing for Joe ;) j/k It all depends on how big of a shot hes running. He was only talking about a 100 shot Which should last a while.

J
I agree. All throttle, no bottle! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts