Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 426 shortblock in inventory for a customer that has adjusted his order to a 440. Retail is $4495 and the first good offer gets it. Core charge is $1000, shipping averages $300 and the shipping container is $150. It has Manley crank, Manley rods w/arp2000 rod bolts, Manley 4.065" Pistons, clevite bearings, arp main studs, and durabond cam bearings. It will be ready to ship by Friday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Andy could this motor with the internals that are in place be finished out as a low compression long block for a turbo build?

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 9:1 and 11:1 assembly ready to go. I could use either assembly in it. I also have 3 sets of apache heads on the shelf that i could use to complete the longblock by friday/monday

·
Registered
74 Posts
The 9:1 would be best for a turbo build down the road correct?

Would this motor with the low 9:1 Compression be less or more H.P. than my stock motor?

What would be the cost with the apache heads and for you to do the install?

Anything else I would need to get the most out of this motor? IE: Intake, Exhaust, Injectors, fuel rails ect????

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9:1 is better. There is allot we could add to get the most, but heads/cam will do 90% of that. A low compression 426 will easily make 100rwhp over what you have now with heads cam.
Longblock: $7500
Core: $2250

We do installs and we can also facilitate a local install for you locally.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, forged crank, rods, pistons, pushrods. Arizona might be tough, but i will make a phone call tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts