Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I always wonder why I see built jeeps/other cars that just got done being built sold off? Just got the 440 2k miles ago and now sell it?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: kazaam

· Registered
498 Posts
I don't know the story on this Jeep but Camden Autosports is a local auto-sales shop and I can tell you they only sell super clean vehicles. They've sold a couple vehicles for some friends of mine and I've heard nothing but good things about transactions with them. I haven't been up to look at this Jeep in person but it did peek my interest when I saw they had it. It's outside my price range though. :(

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Usually the wife finds out how much they spent on it!! Seriously though, a lot of people get in over their heads sometimes building something and by the time it's done, they can't afford it and sell it. Also, some people just like to mod things and get rid of it. A lot of ZR1 Vette owners sold them b/c they were scared of the power. Happens a lot.

Reactions: jps043

· Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Maybe the trans is starting to go in it and the owner didnt want to dump anymore money into it.

I agree with the above posts, once you upgrade one thing it starts a chain reaction that forces you to upgrade other things that you didn't have plans on doing.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Maybe the trans is starting to go in it and the owner didnt want to dump anymore money into it.

I agree with the above posts, once you upgrade one thing it starts a chain reaction that forces you to upgrade other things that you didn't have plans on doing.
This is what I'm always thinking on the WK1 with big power adders as I don't see that upgraded tranny.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Usually the wife finds out how much they spent on it!! Seriously though, a lot of people get in over their heads sometimes building something and by the time it's done, they can't afford it and sell it. Also, some people just like to mod things and get rid of it. A lot of ZR1 Vette owners sold them b/c they were scared of the power. Happens a lot.
Exactly....couldn't have said it better. I think mostly, ppl don't realize how much they are going to have to spend to add this much power to a vehicle. It's not just add the power adder and be done with it. All other parts of the vehicle then need to be upgrade as well to handle the new power output. It becomes much more expensive and less manageable then one might originally think.

Ok, now, I know this may sound dumb of me, but isn't that price tag kind of high for an 06?
Let's see its a 2006 with +-12K miles, looks to be in great shape, has roughly 8-10K in mods. I would say this price is a little high but not outlandish. I could see it going for 32-35K. These jeeps hold their value suprisingly well.

· Registered
2,972 Posts
damn... i wish this came up sooner!! just got my "new" 06 back in august with only 23k. I'd pay 34 for it. with the 440 in and tuned, it's worth it. I paid $27 for mine back in august.
so id say thats bout right.

· Banned
1,577 Posts
I got my 440 for little more then what they are askin in 2010 with 22k on the body n like 3k on the block

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

That's what is kind of turning me off to this truck. It's all motor and no supporting modifications. I'd pay that price if it had a built transmission and the 440 stroker!

· Banned
1,577 Posts
I still run stock tranny with mine and Im putting out more then this truck best way to tell is test drive it..I got blue tops tho

· Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Nice ride, it definitely needs a tranny upgrade at that price since it just only has blue top solenoids. That is the second highly modified jeep I saw coming out of that dealership, the other was a silver 2007 with a 426 motor..I think the owner had a problem getting the tune right with the silver one though.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Aren't the blue tops just a band aide to the solution? Eventually it will fail. Just delaying the inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Aren't the blue tops just a band aide to the solution? Eventually it will fail. Just delaying the inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
That is a correct. The blue tops are used as part of SHR's tranny just as the Valve body is to Bills Tranny. They are only temporary fixes and will only last so long at a certain HP.

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Exactly....couldn't have said it better. I think mostly, ppl don't realize how much they are going to have to spend to add this much power to a vehicle. It's not just add the power adder and be done with it. All other parts of the vehicle then need to be upgrade as well to handle the new power output. It becomes much more expensive and less manageable then one might originally think.
These two statements are probably very true. When you go big power I does get very expensive. I know that first hand. While there is all kinds of things you would never even think of. Thanks to being a part of this great forum & all the incredible members who help & offer advice 24/7 I knew exactly what I was getting into & had a really good ballpark figure I knew I would end up paying. This is also the reason that I have paid cash (debit card) for everything I have bought. I will also admit that going from stock to what should hopefully be an easy upper mid 10sec ride while not really scarey. I know it will take some time to get used to it. The most important thing will be to respect the new power that it will have.

Jim

· Banned
1,577 Posts
I got like 8k on mine and nothing wrong yet with tranny but Im currently making a fund for an upgraded tranny

· Banned
1,577 Posts
the truck 100 percent a beast you wont be disappointed if you buy it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.