Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have teamed up with Xenon Depot to get in some projectors to use for retrofitting. These will be bi-xenon projectors (cut-off shield drops out of the way when you click the high beams on), and will come with the Xtreme HID Ballasts from Xenon Depot.

***Professional Installation is required for these.***

The Projectors also include a halo around the projector itself and a demon eye (Projector glows red).
5000k will be the color of the HID (other colors available by special order for an additional fee).
White halo standard.
Red Demon Eye standard (other colors available by special order for an additional fee). Toggle switch will be included to wire these to.

****We start with a standard set of painted headlights:****
06-07 are $460 shipped in the contiguous 48 states
08-10 are $540 shipped in the contiguous 48 states.
Pricing has been adjusted for shipping as these get packaged differently.

+$25 on either set for Inferno Red paint since it is a tri-coat setup.

****Amber reflector options (solid paint is the standard way they come):****
+$15 for a fully tinted amber reflector
+$35 If you want the tint/mask/paint option (see pic below)
+$50 If you want the tint/SRT/paint option (see pic below)

****Projectors and additional paint options:****
$289 per pair of projectors installed in the painted headlights.
+$25 per projector shroud that is painted
+$50 if you want the low beam and/or high beam reflectors painted satin black.

Now for the pics.....

Tinted Amber:

Tint/Mask/Paint Option:

Tint/SRT/Paint Option:

Single Projector, no additional paint options:

Dual Projector, no additional paint options:

Dual Projector, painted shrouds and satin black painted reflectors:

White Halos (LED switchback turn/parking bulb not included):

Red Demon Eyes:

And a picture of the cut-off:

****Note, these will require routing relay harnesses for the HIDs, mounting the HID ballasts, etc. It will also require running the wiring and mounting the switch for the demon eyes.****

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Dan, how would these work with factory HID's or wouldn't they? I know you would be replaceing the whole headlight assembly, but would the factory ballast work or would everything need to be replaced?
Thanks

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Dan, how would these work with factory HID's or wouldn't they? I know you would be replaceing the whole headlight assembly, but would the factory ballast work or would everything need to be replaced?
Thanks

Jim

Hey Jim,

The lights pictured are using halogen housings to get a matching low and high projector.
I did some testing and I can wire in a plug to make them plug and play with the OEM HIDs.
However, I have to see if I can source the plug to make this happen. I bought a couple of OEM HID housings that were broken for cheap so I will be doing this to my jeep shortly cutting the plugs of of them.

The OEM ballast is part of the OEM HID headlight. So these retrofitted ones would completely replace that.

The other option would be to simply retrofit one of these projectors in the high beam side of the OEM HID......

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Dan, can you PM me a number to reach you? I got a bunch of questions and will possibly place an order right away

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Dan how long before we know if u can get it to work with oem hid setup. Ive been waiting for u to do this. And what's the chance on getting the color change halos in there with all the special effects lol. I'm definitely interested in a set with the srt on the side can u pm on availability

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Dan how long before we know if u can get it to work with oem hid setup. Ive been waiting for u to do this. And what's the chance on getting the color change halos in there with all the special effects lol. I'm definitely interested in a set with the srt on the side can u pm on availability

I haven't really been working on the OEM HIDs unless someone is local. But let me check on something.......but there aren't any halos available for the OEM HID except for right around the projector itself.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well Dan ima end up sending the AAC Halos back. 1. because they dont fit right at all. 2. because it is an absolute pain in the ass to get the lens seperated for my 08' , And 3.I like your work alot. lol
I'll be getting in touch with you soon on some halos. Thanks for the help on the ACC's
One other thing, do you recommend LED over CCFL??

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well Dan ima end up sending the AAC Halos back. 1. because they dont fit right at all. 2. because it is an absolute pain in the ass to get the lens seperated for my 08' , And 3.I like your work alot. lol
I'll be getting in touch with you soon on some halos. Thanks for the help on the ACC's
One other thing, do you recommend LED over CCFL??
I have only ever done the LED simply due to not needing an inverter like you either did or still do with CCFL.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts