35mpg minimum by 2020... - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Elite Contributing Member

35mpg minimum by 2020...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...443/1148/rss25

Link from the oc site...all vehicles including suv's must have a 35mpg min by 2020...That leaves us another decade before these GC's become collectibles. Because when that time comes every single muscle car prior to will be worth $$$$$$$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

that would be the day that we see our SRT doing 35mpg!

Ace
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman

The technology is already out there... its just a matter of industry competing to make it affordable. Free enterprise always finds a way, adapts, overcomes... its beautiful

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* 2006 WK1 JEEP SRT8 (THE FIRST) TURBO BUILD, 743AWHP/860AWTQ *SOLD*
__CREDITS: S6 Motorsports, Paramount, AJ Hemituner, Johan, LPM Engines
* 2013 WK2 JEEP SRT8 ALPINE (DAILY DRIVER/VISUAL MODS)
__CREDITS: BWoody Performance, Taillight Solutions
*I have plans, yes... I have plans
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 08:38 PM

President Bush today praised the energy bill the Senate approved late Thursday night and urged the House to quickly pass the measure that hikes automobile fuel efficiency requirements by 40 percent to an industry fleet-wide average of 35 miles per gallon.

It an average throughout the manufactures lineup. It will definitely change things in the yrs to come, but may not eliminate all high hp vehicles. I hope anyways. I don't get that we are being forced to buy efficient vehicles if we don't want too?

'06 GC (Laredo) SRT8 InfernoRed EntryLevelJeep
'70 Charger R/T (under construction forever)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:47 PM

They just need to invent a Prius that can trailer my Jeep to the track
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyavi469 View Post
The technology is already out there... its just a matter of industry competing to make it affordable. Free enterprise always finds a way, adapts, overcomes... its beautiful
Tell me how we can get 35mpg and achieve SRT8 levels of performance from a 4800lb suv shaped like a brick as of right now?
Capatalism may rock, but it can't bend let alone break the rules of physics.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...443/1148/rss25

Link from the oc site...all vehicles including suv's must have a 35mpg min by 2020...That leaves us another decade before these GC's become collectibles. Because when that time comes every single muscle car prior to will be worth $$$$$$$
Did I miss something? I read that fleet fuel economy (or all the makes/models a manufacturer makes/sells combined and averaged in a given year) needs to be 35mpg. Not that all vehicles need to make 35mpg.

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- President Bush today praised the energy bill the Senate approved late Thursday night and urged the House to quickly pass the measure that hikes automobile fuel efficiency requirements by 40 percent to an industry fleet-wide average of 35 miles per gallon.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplatero1984 View Post
that would be the day that we see our SRT doing 35mpg!

Ace
It's possible, but when this day comes there either won't be recoverable oil left, or it will cost $250 p/gallon.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman

Automobiles have horrible efficiency, the ratio of net work output to gross work input.

Electric Motors, alternative fuel sources, engine technology, friction reduction (engine, rolling friction, drvietrain, wind resistance), alternative materials to make cars lighter, new designs, and of course tehnology-to-come.

For god sakes do I have to put you in a high-chair and spoon-feed it to you??? Its possible. 100 years ago it was PFM just to turn a lightbulb on or see the wright brothers fly, yet still we have Nay-sayers that say.."oooh lawdie!!! duh laws of physics just can't be overcome to get 35mpg!!!"

pffffftttttt.... just wait
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyavi469 View Post
Automobiles have horrible efficiency, the ratio of net work output to gross work input.

Electric Motors, alternative fuel sources, engine technology, friction reduction (engine, rolling friction, drvietrain, wind resistance), alternative materials to make cars lighter, new designs, and of course tehnology-to-come.

For god sakes do I have to put you in a high-chair and spoon-feed it to you??? Its possible. 100 years ago it was PFM just to turn a lightbulb on or see the wright brothers fly, yet still we have Nay-sayers that say.."oooh lawdie!!! duh laws of physics just can't be overcome to get 35mpg!!!"

pffffftttttt.... just wait
You said it's (35mpg from an GCSRT8) possible now, and I assure you it's quite simply not. Ten years from now, I highly doubt it as well, and if it is possible the price tag is going to be ridiculous.
If it were possible now, you'd be seeing it, now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode