Highland Pet Barrier - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Elite Contributing Member

Highland Pet Barrier

I got sick and tired of taking my dogs to the vet or the lake. Every time I'd throw them in the back and start to drive, they'd claw their way over the back seats. Aside from strangling themselves on their leashes, god knows what that would do to the seats over the long term. Plus, there would be no way to have the baby in the back and have them climb all over him.

This is one of the cheapest all black pet barriers I saw that fits (some of them are too tall even at the lowest setting). http://www.discountramps.com/pet_barrier.htm

All of these pet barriers are held up by pressure on the headliner and cargo floor. Wouldn't trust these to hold back a big dog. It fits between the seats and cargo cover, which is nice, and provides extra stability. And it doesn't look half bad or obscure your view.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Major Contributing Member

Have had a very similar one for a few years now. Got it off ebay for about 17 bucks if I remember and about $10 shipping. My dog is not real tall and about 60 lbs. It has really worked well and I agree with your assessment of it. Very easy in and out, and has not damaged headliner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 03:13 PM

Thanks for the post, and perfect timing. I have two labs (90lbs and a puppy that will soon become that big) and I have been searching for a way to separate the cargo area from the fold down seats for road trips.

My use is a little different though. I want to keep our luggage in the very back, then the barrier to keep the luggage from killing the dogs when I stop, and then the dogs in the area of the rear seats when folded.

So here is a silly question I guess - do they offer that barrier with more of the loops so it is covered from top to bottom? Or another option, can you install it upside down?

Again, my main concern is having a way to keep our luggage in the very rear cargo area separated. I hope this makes sense.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Thanks for the post, and perfect timing. I have two labs (90lbs and a puppy that will soon become that big) and I have been searching for a way to separate the cargo area from the fold down seats for road trips.

My use is a little different though. I want to keep our luggage in the very back, then the barrier to keep the luggage from killing the dogs when I stop, and then the dogs in the area of the rear seats when folded.

So here is a silly question I guess - do they offer that barrier with more of the loops so it is covered from top to bottom? Or another option, can you install it upside down?

Again, my main concern is having a way to keep our luggage in the very rear cargo area separated. I hope this makes sense.
yep. they've got all sizes on that website. I did a lot of looking and they seem to have the best selection. Just be sure to check the height to make sure it will fit. I think you're looking for the one made for minivans.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

I guess you could also order the extension kit and just add the cross bars without the height extender.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

that's pretty cool!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplatero1984 View Post
that's pretty cool!!
From the front through the windshield, and I couldn't get a picture that would show this, the bars look pretty tough--so if you have to have something like this, I don't think it's an eyesore.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridam View Post
From the front through the windshield, and I couldn't get a picture that would show this, the bars look pretty tough--so if you have to have something like this, I don't think it's an eyesore.
not an eyesore at all! I think it would def serve its purpose. Do you have like a rubber mat back there so the pets hair won't get in the carpet?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 03:46 PM

Nice., Your wheels are really clean. Definately sets it off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Black SRT-8 Grand C. (Sold to a lucky forum member.)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 5.7 (Rugged Brown Pearl Coat)
Visual Modifications - Tint, WeatherTech's
Performance Enhancements - K & N Drop in, Trinity T1000, Tuned by Jerseyboy
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplatero1984 View Post
not an eyesore at all! I think it would def serve its purpose. Do you have like a rubber mat back there so the pets hair won't get in the carpet?
Nope but, after vacuuming the hair today, I'm ordering the weathertech mat tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode