Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

20mm spacer's , New Parada's , Gorilla Lugg's

18K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  LI-SRT 
#1 ·
So finally after a few mo's of back and forth w the spacer dude at adapt tech i got em in and installed !

Ruin'd my tire's after the mopar spring's were install'd 7-8 week's ago due to alignment being waaay out've spec. and my lugg's which were spray paint'd black jus look'd like crap!

Here are the pixx , i love them they are exactly what i wanted esp w the drop essentially have the stock 20's line rt up to the fender line ! Looks very agressive and has a Nasty stance! Havent really drove her but im sure it handle's better aswell.

Neil

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Looks really good!

Edit: Part # on the Lugs?

#5 ·
Looks like its wearing a tuxedo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Thanks , after a day of reg driving and retourqing lug's i tested her out this mornin was head down south to Miami for brunch and was doing a good 90-110 the whole way for 47 mins strait , track's strait as an arrow , 0 vibration and handle's even better than before ! Very pleased w the result's !

They Did have to cut the stock stud's , which i was a lil concern'd about incase i pushed past the fender line and looked stupid but the shop assured me that i could just order new studs from dealer and put em on w an xtra cost obvv , but not anything to crazy! Imo 20mm is perfect all round , Rigg jus looks crazzy Agressive w the stance now!

Neil

#10 ·
yea lol , rt at the cusp hehe ~ i eyeball'd it on the phne w him when we had the issue w wk2 vs srt and i had monster spacers lol was jus like f--k it gimme 20mm's all round !

if you really wanted to push the fender lines the front's could even run a 25mm and runn a 20mm in back but i kinda am like the staggered look !

On my M5 i run 15mm rear and 12mm fronts to keep the stagggerezation !

thank's for all the pos comments guys

NEIL

#16 ·
Reviving this thread, I just spoke to the shop due to this thread. Great people but I am curious..... has anyone else bought these and know what size we can go with - without having to cut our OEM studs? If 20mm has to be trimmed then I would hope 15mm would be safe, I also assume I need to measure the pockets on my night edition wheels - not sure if they are different than the other OEM SRT wheels.

#17 ·
Hey so which shop did you speak w ? if it's the same company i got mine from adapt tech they don't have an option for not cutting the stud's!

The spacers that they manufacture slip over the hubs (hubcentric a must have to be safe and eliminate vibration) they have their own studs and go through your existing the problem is when you put the wheels back on the stock stud's stick outve the spacers to far and hit the back's of your wheels which then stops you from mounting the stock wheels on the new hub on the new spacer!!

20 mm all round is pretty perfect it lines the tires right up to the fender line like slippery sexx!! the front's have enough room to go w a 25 and not stick out past but i wouldnt go that far as i have 20's all round and they look Serious! I mention staggered look cause the rears get to the fender line hard and the fronts are a pubic hair of the fender line so its like have a 295 out rear and a 275 in front..

i have had everyone from RR's to x5m's to Srt's pull up to me and say why does your Rigg loook so diff than mine or any other srt , from behind it just sits so stancy and aggressive the side profile is perfect its all perfect imho just what i wanted and i got it!

w the mopar drop and these my rigg handles , looks , drives perfect and i would recomend this to anyone looking to beef up the overall look and handling of their beast..

almost a year w em and still love em , even went to the local mech recently to get priced on new stuuds and install as im on the hunt for a 15 and wanna take this setup w me for the new **** !!

Neil

#26 ·
studs

I just picked up my spacers. I didn't realize until I checked the thread out again that the stock studs had to be trimmed or replaced. I went with 25mm spacers. Is it safe to actually trim the factory studs, so they can sit flush in the spacer? If I replace the studs with shorter ones, which studs do I use? Any part number or what other jeep truck have a shorter one that might work?

#28 ·
I am running 25mm spacers on all 4 corners my 2017 srt with the stock light forge 20x10 wheels with Toyos 295/45/20.. I am also bagged.. been running the spacers for about 2years way before I bagged it on my mopar lowing springs. Best stance out there on stock 20x10s lowered and spacer for a flush look..

#29 ·
So to make it clear do I have to shorten the original struds with 20mm spacers on a 2015 SRT with the original light weight 20x10 ET 50 rims ??
I use those orignal rims as winter tires but for the summer I have 22inch which dont need the spacers. So Iam not willing to trim the original studs in fact of using my summer wheels are perfect without spacers.

Greetz

#30 ·
Yes, with 25mm or smaller spacer you have to cut off/ trim the stud about 1/4inch so the wheel stud doesn’t pass the spacer so it sits flush, unfortunately with the stock 20x10 light forge wheels we don’t have the hole in the back of the rims like how other wheels..

#31 ·
So finally after a few mo's of back and forth w the spacer dude at adapt tech i got em in and installed !

Ruin'd my tire's after the mopar spring's were install'd 7-8 week's ago due to alignment being waaay out've spec. and my lugg's which were spray paint'd black jus look'd like crap!

Here are the pixx , i love them they are exactly what i wanted esp w the drop essentially have the stock 20's line rt up to the fender line ! Looks very agressive and has a Nasty stance! Havent really drove her but im sure it handle's better aswell.

Neil
Quick question. Do u think I would have to cut anything besides the studs to add these spacers on my srt with 22inch rims?

#32 ·
You will not be able to run such an Agressive spacer w 22’s , you will bottom out and rub all over! Your 22’s should be flush to fender w the offset’s from the Manufacturer. I picked up a set of Velgen 22’s and im about to remove my spacers and put new stock Studs back in!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.