2017 SRT MOPAR Lowering Springs Installed - Page 9 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstee View Post
yeah thanks man. I wonder how a shop would determine which goes in the front and rear when the instructions itself doesn't tell. Wish Mopar would have labeled them. I guess the shop just compared size of the springs with the stock and thought "oh these probably goes in the front." Wish i searched about the mopar springs to know that the gray plastic thing on the springs belonged in the back before i went to the shop. Just hate making another trip there and no guarantees the shop is even available to fix it tomorrow.

Yes.. the mopar instructions are like one page lol seem like a parts list lol.. they should of at least label the spring or something..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
itstee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstee View Post
yeah thanks man. I wonder how a shop would determine which goes in the front and rear when the instructions itself doesn't tell. Wish Mopar would have labeled them. I guess the shop just compared size of the springs with the stock and thought "oh these probably goes in the front." Wish i searched about the mopar springs to know that the gray plastic thing on the springs belonged in the back before i went to the shop. Just hate making another trip there and no guarantees the shop is even available to fix it tomorrow.
Shops learn this by doing it backwards once. It's not uncommon.
itstee likes this.

2013 SRT8 Vapor (1 of 400): Xpel Wrap | 10+HP Mopar Stripes | Billet Technology Catch Can | Mopar Gravity Package | 305/35 22 Wrapped Hellcat Reps | Solo Performance WK2-Thunder-Res Catback Exhaust Kit
post #83 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 11:04 AM

Curious if these would fit a 2019.? Pretty sure they would as it's still a WK2..?

post #84 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 02:55 PM

yep they should fit the 2019 just fine(non TH versions)
Mark Steiner likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Velvet Red SRT....stockish
post #85 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:22 PM

Just installed my springs, can't believe I had them sitting in my garage for over 2 years ha. There is slightly more feedback in the rear but everything else feels fine and the stance is perfect imo, not too low. I couldn't be more happy with them.

2016 Jeep SRT Night Edition

Click here for Journal ==>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #86 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:49 PM

I had mine installed in February. They should come from the factory with these. The wife was skeptical and afraid that it'd be too low, but once she saw it, she loved it!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0328.jpg  

Mitch
2018 Jeep SRT (TB/Sepia) "Blue"
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (White/Brown)
1983 Dodge Challenger (24k original miles)
1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340, 4-spd
post #87 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:42 PM

I've seen some talk about the rear springs having to be positioned a specific way in the bottom cradle. Can anyone tell or show me the correct position?
post #88 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:35 AM

Per the service manual, the rear springs should be oriented with the part number sticker facing straight to the outside of the vehicle. Be sure the springs with the gray plastic on them are used in the rear.

2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, Diamond Black
post #89 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:38 AM

2017 SRT MOPAR Lowering Springs Installed

I just installed these springs on my 2018 SRT. The kit came with 4 new bump stops, but we only installed 2 of them on the fronts. Nothing I’ve read references removing the rear shocks to install the other 2 bump stops. Is it necessary to install the new rear bump stops?

Edit to add: we went back and pulled the rear shocks and swapped in the new bump stops. It was very easy to remove the rear shock assemblies and I figured there was no sense chancing anything.

Last edited by Kilo-9; 05-05-2019 at 04:08 PM.
post #90 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:09 AM

I wanted to add a couple notes for anyone who comes to this thread that is doing the spring install themselves like I did on my 2018 SRT.

Rear bump stops: I couldn't find any information regarding the rear bumps stops. Youtube videos and the service manual cover removing the rear spring with the shock in place and don't mention swapping the bump stop. The rear shock assembly is easily removed and you then have to disassemble it to swap out the bump stop.

Alignment: I waited about 10 days for the springs to settle and took it to a local alignment shop. They refused to do the alignment due to the Adaptive Cruise Control. Apparently, the ACC needs to be reset whenever a wheel alignment is done and the shop was not equipped to do it. The alignment shop said not resetting the ACC can create a dangerous situation and referred me to the dealer.

I hope this helps my fellow DIY'ers...

Last edited by Kilo-9; 05-16-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode