Traction Control code only when in boost - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK2 SRT8 Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos/Nitrous Discuss engine performance enhancing modifications, superchargers & turbo applications specific to the WK2 SRT8 here.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By viking757
  • 1 Post By Poorboy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Traction Control code only when in boost

Ok, maybe I need to take it back to the tuner. I get a code for the sensor on the brake booster (check valve), which sets the traction control light only, every time I put it in boost. I am guessing the computer doesn't like to see pressure at the sensor. Has anyone else ran into this? It resets itself every time I restart it. Thanks.

2014 Jeep SRT
2015 Street Glide special
1976 Charger 19' jet boat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:13 PM
BJB
"guy with the crazy Jeep"

Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,048 Posts
Who is tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

As for tuning there is only really one qualified tuner and he comes from Jersey....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 04:07 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Thanked 3,521 Times in 2,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJB View Post
Who is tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His friend at some shop
Poorboy likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

found out its not the blower- At the dealer now, they think it is a module, it does it under high vacuum.....like when you let off after boost lol.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:25 PM

Traction Control code only when in boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
found out its not the blower- At the dealer now, they think it is a module, it does it under high vacuum.....like when you let off after boost lol.

That doesn’t make sense since the highest amount of vacuum normally occurs at idle/when the throttle blade is closed.

Last edited by viking757; 05-14-2019 at 04:28 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Ok maybe I wasn't explaining myself right. When you are in boost...WOT you see a high amount of vacuum when you let off and coast. I figured this out when is set the light going down hill towing with my foot off the gas.

Anyhow dealer found it to be a bad booster and I also got a battery light which turned out to be a bad alternator. Thankfully extended warranty covered it all.

BTW I just towed my boat 6 hours each way through mountains and averaged 17.6 mph, I am pretty happy about that.
viking757 likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
Ok maybe I wasn't explaining myself right. When you are in boost...WOT you see a high amount of vacuum when you let off and coast. I figured this out when is set the light going down hill towing with my foot off the gas.

Anyhow dealer found it to be a bad booster and I also got a battery light which turned out to be a bad alternator. Thankfully extended warranty covered it all.

BTW I just towed my boat 6 hours each way through mountains and averaged 17.6 mph, I am pretty happy about that.

Great news and battery/voltage issues will cause some odd things to happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode