Ready to spend a little $ on mods. Want to make the right choices - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK2 SRT8 General Performance Discussion Discuss WK2 SRT8 general performance enhancing modifications here.

27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Ready to spend a little $ on mods. Want to make the right choices

The threads on this forum are awesome! Thanks for all who post. I have been saving some money for a while and am ready to invest in some goodies for my Jeep.

Seeking opinions on my idea for more HP ( my experience comes almost entirely from researching threads here). My 2015 Black SRT has 30k miles and I'm ready to spend a little money. Right now it has
  • SW Long Tube Headers, complete system
  • Diablo PCM with Tirinity tuner
  • BT Catch Can
  • BWoody 4" CAI

There is a local mechanic that runs a clean shop in Miami, SS Performance. They did great work installing the Exhaust system, but I am undecided if they will do these mods. Any solid Mopar mechanics in S. Florida?

I have been considering a blower as my first purchase. Some on the forum run a Whipple, which was recommended by a friend, but after researching here it seems the Demon Procharger is the pkg of choice. I Like the look of the Arrington SC and if it would allow me to keep using my BWoody CAI that may sway me in that direction

Mine is a daily driver, I have somewhat of a heavy foot and I would like to build it right. So I am opting for a forged piston / rod package maybe that which is available Modern Muscle. Do I need to do anything else on the lower end?

I was also looking at CNC Ported Apache heads from Modern Muscle, and if I am going to be that far down in to the motor, I would consider a new cam - and the 6.4L HEMI VVT SC NSR Series Cam from Modern Muscle is mentioned here. New Springs and when all buttoned up, a new Throttle body and Injectors, but not sure the best option there? Is a Cam Phaser Limiter necessary?

Not sure what HP # I would end up with and don't have set goal in mind, but reliability is important. it would be great if anyone could chime in and let me know of other areas needing attention.

I have been spending some time researching fuel system needs and transmission issues, not sure what issue I should address first there..

I will also be purchasing BWoody Stage 3 suspension kit, and Sport Tech brake rotors.

Thanks for reading the above and sharing your thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Elite Contributing Member

You better have some mighty deep pockets if your going to do all that stuff lol. I also read your 1st thread.
SPEEDDEMON and Mohpar like this.

2019 JEEP CHEROKEE LIMITED 2.0 TURBO
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:16 AM

Thanked 3,520 Times in 2,206 Posts
Take a look at thitek heads. Much better option and they come pre assembled with no core. You can easily sell your Apache take offs to recoup the cost. We are running thiteks on Joe's winter build because it is a better design, stronger material, flows better and leaves a ton more room for growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim383 View Post
You better have some mighty deep pockets if your going to do all that stuff lol. I also read your 1st thread.

yea I hear you Jim383! Been holding out on vacations, buying other toys, etc saving for almost two years, time to pull the trigger!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Thanks @viking757, found some good information and success stories about Thitek and heads built by Craig Thibeau.
Passmg2 likes this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:27 AM

Thanked 3,520 Times in 2,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015RVsrt8 View Post
Thanks @viking757, found some good information and success stories about Thitek and heads built by Craig Thibeau.

You are welcome. Craig is a stand up guy too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to viking757 For This Useful Post:
Passmg2 (01-02-2017)
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 01:19 PM

where are you in fla ?

im in Boca and have been eye'n the arrintgon kit ever since way2fast got it done , maybe we can do some damage together and save a couple buck's in addition to have 2 similar build's the shop would be familiar w the install hedaches and such w your truck going under the knife 1st of course lol

NEIL
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Thread Derailer

Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,031 Posts
Stock, meth, unlocked pcm, trinity and custom tune and use the extra on wine, women and song.
2015RVsrt8 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Passmg2, that's a voice of reason, there is lots of those three items in Miami! LI-SRT, sounds like a good idea, have you a mechanic you work with in S. Florida?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 12:03 PM

Garage
You are doing most of it anyway (heads, cam, pistons, rods etc.) maybe consider a forged 426 stroker long block (like Aarington or Demon) which will decrease the high compression ratio, and allow for a better platform for higher boost or NOS.
2015RVsrt8 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode