Interior Carbon Fiber Trim - Page 7 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK2 SRT8 Interior/Exterior Visual Modifications This section is for discussing WK2 interior and exterior visual modifications

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:20 AM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backes07 View Post
Wtf.... leaving the 2012s off. After reaching out to Jeep and then telling me Iíd hear from a case manager Iíve never gotten a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2012s were covered under the original recall.

2013 SRT8 Vapor (1 of 400): Xpel Wrap | 10+HP Mopar Stripes | Billet Technology Catch Can | Mopar Gravity Package | 305/35 22 Wrapped Hellcat Reps | Solo Performance WK2-Thunder-Res Catback Exhaust Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
The 2012s were covered under the original recall.

Wish dealers and Jeep would honor that recall on the 12s.

post #63 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 09:40 AM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backes07 View Post
Wish dealers and Jeep would honor that recall on the 12s.

Well, it was 6 years ago..

post #64 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 02:53 PM

just posted a thread FCA has officially extended warranty coverage to 5/unlimited for the carbon trim on srts from 13-17.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Velvet Red SRT....stockish
post #65 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 12:15 PM

Any word on Jeep getting dealerships to cover 12s with this X77 warranty? Unfortunately even the old TSB from 2013 only covered about 1/3rd of the SRTs based on build date and mine is outside of that date range.

I called my dealer who told me to call Chrysler who had no idea about this new warranty so they told me to call the dealer back. I just wish someone could provide clarification as to why the 12s are specifically excluded when all other pre 18s are included as well as 12 SRT 300s.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - 6.4 / A5
1991 Camaro RS - LS6 / M6
post #66 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 08:06 AM

FYI recalls NEVER expire. However, if the recall repair was already done, then you're SOL. Once the initial recall repair is performed the terms of the recall are satisfied.

A TSB, however, is only covered by the bumper to bumper warranty. After the base warranty expires it becomes a customer pay repair.

I believe the 12s were covered under a TSB for premature delamination. So to the point above if its been 6 years and you are just now having the issue then its not technically premature from a warranty coverage perspective. I would guess that right there is why they were excluded based on age of vehicle. Not saying its right, just saying that would be the rational.

Last edited by GroceryGTR; 01-03-2019 at 08:09 AM.
post #67 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 07:07 AM
BRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceryGTR View Post
FYI recalls NEVER expire. However, if the recall repair was already done, then you're SOL. Once the initial recall repair is performed the terms of the recall are satisfied.

A TSB, however, is only covered by the bumper to bumper warranty. After the base warranty expires it becomes a customer pay repair.

I believe the 12s were covered under a TSB for premature delamination. So to the point above if its been 6 years and you are just now having the issue then its not technically premature from a warranty coverage perspective. I would guess that right there is why they were excluded based on age of vehicle. Not saying its right, just saying that would be the rational.
What is a TSB? Thanks.
post #68 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 09:06 AM

The age of 2012s is a moot point because FCA is covering 2012 300 SRTs with the same issue.
post #69 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 04:24 PM

Garage
GC SRT Carbon Trim Recall

I received the letter from FCA confirming my 2014 JGC SRT is in this group on Christmas Eve. The letter is dated 12/17/18 and lists my VIN.

Subsequently, I contacted FCA at the number on the letter and requested confirmation that my vehicle is included (I have been trying unsuccessful to get mine repaired / have repaired myself on the dash with epoxy - since late 2015 with no assistance or coverage offered). After being on the phone for an hour, my VIN was confirmed as included. The representative then contacted my local dealer, set an appointment and I arrived there within the hour.

It's now been 12 days...I've received multiple excuses for delays, verbal statements that it is not covered and then a "FINAL" decision from the area manager via service advisor, that it's not covered due to the following:

ESG sales code - 6.4L HEMI SRT - CHECK - GOOD

XSQ sales code - real carbon fiber trim - NOT PRESENT? WTF? All SRT's had this to my knowledge.

The dealer and area manager are now saying they cannot approve the $4800 repair due to the missing XSQ code. I'm baffled, of course the vehicle is in the shop so I can't verify this without VIN lookup help. I've asked for this in writing and they won't provide it. Is there a reason dealers don't want to honor these warranty bulletins? Are they in fear of not getting paid? I find this ridiculous. This is the 3rd time my SRT has been in the shop with promises to fix items with assistance or under warranty yet nothing ever gets done. It's like pulling teeth to get this far. Do most customers simply give up, walk away and sell / trade the vehicles?

I'd like to know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I really appreciate it as I'm only trying to get FCA and the dealers to do the right thing here.

SRT8-X
'14 Bright White WK2 SRT
(h/k SRT High Performance Audio, Panoramic Sunroof, CAI, SRT Black Center Caps, JL Audio Stealthbox, HD750/1, AudioControl LC2i)

SOLD '13 Alpine Edition WK2 SRT8 (Borla Axle Back)

Last edited by SRT8-X; 01-08-2019 at 04:26 PM.
post #70 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 10:09 AM

SRT8-X
I received the same Warranty Bulletin from FCA US. I scheduled the appointment, went to the dealer, they took pictures and verified the letter and my VIN. The dealership said they would call when the trim/appliques were in and schedule a drop-off time for installation. I was pretty happy as this has been a huge disappointment and eyesore for a $71K vehicle. However, later in the day, I received a call and the dealer informed due to the lack of the XSQ sales code - real carbon fiber trim, my SRT didn't qualify. I contacted FCA, who informed my VIN was in the Warranty Extention batch and put me on hold while calling the dealership. After about 15 min, she came back with the XSQ sales code - real carbon fiber trim verbiage as well. She completely changed course and informed I was not covered. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and after quite a bit of back and forth (STAY PROFESSIONAL), she informed a supervisor would call back within 24 hours.

Ironically, I just received a call from "Chris" at FCA, a level two supervisor. He said he has never seen this before, verified my VIN was absolutely extended, but needed more information so was going to speak to FCA internal and the dealership. We also discussed that unless it was a very one off special order, all 2013-2017 JGC SRT's had the carbon fiber trim, which would make their whole notification pointless as they along with the Chrisler 300 LX were the only vehicles in the Warranty Bulletin. I'll post back if I ever get a resolution one way or the other. I'd be interested to hear others who have had this occur as well. For all who did not get the letter, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Extended Warranty.jpg  

2014 Jeep GCSRT

Past Rides:
2010 BMW X5M
2011 Audi S4
2007 Jeep GCSRT8

Last edited by MinezSRT8; 01-09-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode