P0304, moves to a P0300 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK2 SRT8 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your WK2 SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys, just was reaching out to get some advice on the best route to go about these codes. Right now my Jeep SRT 2016 is tuned with Daiblotoona (Johan), afe intake, catch can, SW headers 1.825” catless and Borla ATAK with a custom QTP muffle bypass.

I haven’t had any issues until the recent job adding the SW headers without the cats and the QTP bypass.

After a few days without having any check engine lights I received a P0304 on cylinder 4. Cleared it out thinking it was nothing, then the next day it came back as a P0300 twice in one day. I’m starting to think I should just add the cats in but hoping I didn’t damage anything.

By not having any cats could this just be a faulty reading?

To add this only happens when I start the car randomly. And I don’t hear or sense anything out of the ordinary. Light doesn’t come on when driving or WOT. First discovered with auto start P0304.

Edit: I just drove to work which is 60 miles and didn’t get a CEL yet.

MF CNT4 = 85
MF CNT6 = 51
MSFR CNT = 146

Last edited by Fossilk1; 04-09-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

So I decided to back track a little and I think I found the issue... I reverted to the previous tune and the issue is gone...? My tuner, Jonah (Diablotoona) is telling me there is nothing wrong, but when I go back and forth between tunes and send him some photos showing the previous tune with zero misfires??? It’s gotta be the tune. All he did in the tune that he sent me was delete the o2 sensors because there are no cats...what the hell is going on here lol.

I am going to bring it to Hemi Tuner (AJ) in Long Island so he can look into it further.

I hope this was my issue, I can provide both tune files if anyone wants to analysis it.

Last edited by Fossilk1; 04-10-2019 at 05:44 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:34 AM

so wait you added headers and removed cats and all that was done to the tune was turn off the 02s? If thats the case, thats a fail. It should have been retuned to account for the headers/cat removal which will cause you to run leaner. It sounds like you were right on the cusp fuel wise which is what is likely causing your misfire.

If I'm understanding correctly and based on the fact you are only getting it every once in awhile on startup with no driving issues I'd say you should only need to make a small tweak to the fuel maps and not mess with timing. If it were prevalent during driving and/or consistent every start I'd say fuel and timing map tweaks.

Again I'm making assumptions here so take it with a grain of salt...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Velvet Red SRT....stockish

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceryGTR View Post
so wait you added headers and removed cats and all that was done to the tune was turn off the 02s? If thats the case, thats a fail. It should have been retuned to account for the headers/cat removal which will cause you to run leaner. It sounds like you were right on the cusp fuel wise which is what is likely causing your misfire.

If I'm understanding correctly and based on the fact you are only getting it every once in awhile on startup with no driving issues I'd say you should only need to make a small tweak to the fuel maps and not mess with timing. If it were prevalent during driving and/or consistent every start I'd say fuel and timing map tweaks.

Again I'm making assumptions here so take it with a grain of salt...
Yes you have it right. And it’s very random, now cylinder 1 is throwing some counts, then it’s cleared and cylinder 4 counts go up, then 6 and so on.

It’s only on start up. Cruising and WOT is okay no counts at all. And when swapping tunes back and forth the counts are zero grant 1-2 hiccups random here and there.

My money is on the tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode