New WK2 Owner - Dash lights up! ABS, Serv 4wd, ACC, Park sense failure - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK2 SRT8 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your WK2 SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

New WK2 Owner - Dash lights up! ABS, Serv 4wd, ACC, Park sense failure

OK so a few weeks ago my wife and I bought a used 2014 WK2. I was hesitant to buy it considering the issues we had with our last WK1, but the the wife really wanted it. So yesterday it started acting up by giving us multiple faults. Just my luck. Here is what the faults are that it displays at startup:

ABS Failure
Park Assist failure
Blind spot failure
ACC failure
Service 4wd system - vehicle operates in 2wd only now

So basically all the systems stopped working and of course its snowing out and my wife needs to get kids up and down the mountain and now with only 2wd. Sounds like a wiring issue to me or maybe something got some moisture in it due to the snow we have been getting. Did a quick inspection under the hood and didn't find anything loose or unusual. All grounds seems tight as well. I plugged in with my pocket code reader, but was unable to see any fault codes. I was going to start by washing it really well to get the snow and ice off of it then do a visual under the chassis to see if I can find something, but in the meantime was going to pull the negative battery cable for a bit and see if I can reset the system. Any issues with disconnecting the battery? I know some cars will literally lock you out of functions and system once the battery has been disconnected and require a dealer reset. Our Chrysler dealer is horrible and I will avoid taking anything to them at all costs. (They had our WK1 for 7 weeks over a clock spring in the steering column.....worthless)

Well if anyone has seen this before or has any other ideas for me let me know. When I did some searching it seems i'm not the only one that has seen this issue when it rains or snows. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Update - Still haven't had a chance to get it in the garage yet, but after having the wife wash the car the warnings reset and went away. They have come on and offer intermittently the last few days so I'm fairly certain I am chasing a loose connection or lose wheel speed sensor. I'll add to the thread when I hunt down the issue and hopefully this helps someone in the future with this issue.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 10:10 AM

Had a similar issue three days after purchasing my ‘12. It was the front sensor I forget the name of it but it was the sensor that handles the adaptive cruise. It set off tons of issues like what you mentioned. They replaced it for free since I had just purchased the car. For which I am lucky. I’ve only had to spring for a thermostat ps pump and a rack and pinion since purchase ... smh.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Ya, the dealer I bought it from is worthless and won't do anything (curse of living in the northwest. All the dealers in the region are horrible). Got it into a local shop that has a better scan tool than mine and sure enough one of the rear speed sensors failed. Will confirm that that clears everything up today when the part comes in, but I bet she will be working fine. Now I just have to find the mystery coolant leak that no one can find either lol.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Ya, the dealer I bought it from is worthless and won't do anything (curse of living in the northwest. All the dealers in the region are horrible). Got it into a local shop that has a better scan tool than mine and sure enough one of the rear speed sensors failed. Will confirm that that clears everything up today when the part comes in, but I bet she will be working fine. Now I just have to find the mystery coolant leak that no one can find either lol.
Any update on your coolant leak?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode