Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 23 Results
  1. WK2 SRT8 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / D
    My transfer case is making all types of fun noises in my 2015 srt8 GC can I pull the motor out of it and drive in 2wd to make it work ok till I can repair? Would that damage anything and are there any existing threads on this Im having trouble finding anything
  2. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    Hello, I will try to shorten my 1 year story and focus on the conclusion :) My car is a 06 SRT8 (around 100k miles) and my issue is with the transfer case whining noise on low speed, I already did the basics new Actuator Motor & FDCM from a 2010, Flush & New fluid"NV146", and I don't have any...
  3. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    Hi new member here and I just bought my Srt 4 months ago and I bought it online and that was my first mistake buying a car sight unseen. It has had problem after problem just recently started clicking at slow speeds even going straight took it to local mechanic and they couldn’t find one thing...
  4. WK2 SRT8 General Discussion
    Beyond confused on our transfer cases and Wondering if anyone has gotten to the bottom of it? Alot of members on here have jeeps with transfer case marked mp3023. The general consensus is that stock they should come with Mp3010. I jumped under my 2020 yesterday and noticed mine is stamped mp3015...
  5. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    Greetings all, I was hoping someone could help me out by confirming a few BCM settings in their WK1 for me, reading them out with AlfaOBD or some equivalent. I'm looking to match the settings for T-case type and drivetrain configuration (let's not worry about why just yet 😉). MY08 would be...
  6. WK2 SRT8 General Performance Discussion
    I have a 2018 SRT with 31k miles on it. Within the last few weeks, I have noticed a crazy amount of vibration and “clunking” when I reverse, regardless how hard I cut the wheel. At first I thought it was the AWD all the time kicking in and the auto just doing its thing, but it’s getting worse...
  7. WK1 Suspension / Driveline Discussion
    I'm going to rebuild my transfer case. I got the parts including aftermarket Alto friction pads. I bought a low lift transmission jack and am all ready to go. I have the instructions that are posted around this forum for disassembly and assembly and those have the torque values for the...
  8. WK2 SRT8 General Discussion
    Has there been any consensus on which fluid and capacity is required for the 3010 transfer case on a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a NAG1. Seen a lot of forums on this but can't seem to find the final agreed upon answer. Manual calls for NV146 , but some people are saying the manual is...
  9. Parts For Sale/Wanted
    I have one factory sealed quart of NV146. Unfortunately, the seal is not good, so some of it leaked out when it was on it's side. It has 800ml remaining, though. It still has the unbroken seal. I also have an opened quart bottle with 550ml remaining, which is a little over one pint. This...
  10. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    Any help is appreciated. I have a WK1 SRT8 Jeep GC. 60k miles, with a 426 stroker and Vortech V2. I have a light for the airbag. Checking the steering via AutoLogic it’s the clock spring/turn angle sensor. So I know that issue. I have a grinding when turning left, only at slow speed and only...
  11. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    Can someone recommend a brand of fluid for a Paramount Performance transfer case. Gotta do a change and can't find an answer. Email is out to paramount but thought I'd check here as well. Thanks.
  12. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    Hello, I bought used Jeep SRT8 with service 4wd system message. Price was OK so I took my chances. Ended up buying new TC motor and remanufactured TC NV146 from RockAuto.com. Everything fitted nicely but when my local dealer started testing things, the 4wd system was not turning on. I'm not an...
  13. WK1 SRT8 General Discussion
    I just bought a 2006 Jeep SRT8 with 68k in Jan of this year. The first issue I had was steering whine (not the power steering pump) so I bought (2) 40$ quarts of TC fluid and commenced to drain and add. Problem solved. So this Jeep had 0 mods so I decided to pop her cherry with a Bwoody CAI...
  14. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    Hello everyone, I am aware this topic has been posted a couple times but mine seems to be a little bit different. Im experiencing clunking under my feet and passengers say they feel it under theirs. It happens when Im light on the gas. A bump in the road or a hill seems to trigger it more (only...
  15. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    Hello, This winter was the first time I could really test the 4WD system on my 2009 SRT8. To my surprise the traction control kicked in before the transfer case reacted. Is that an expected behavior? Since the traction control limits the engine power, I'm only able to accellerate like a normal...
  16. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    I have read that it is possible to clear the PCM on LX models, but was curious if anyone has ever cleared the WK PCM? The LX talked about pulling different fuses and cycling the key in order to retrain the PCM brain. Hope this makes sense, but I need to clear a trouble code.
  17. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    I have a 2007 GC SRT8 and from day one it has been bad news. Replaced the entire engine because it seized and also replaced the transfer case with new TCase motor (all without warranty so imagine my tears)! The problem with the 4WD light started after replacing the TCase. Car started to bind...
  18. WK1 Suspension / Driveline Discussion
    Hello there I own a 07 SRT-8. I recently purchased a bwoody CAI, Kooks headers, Borla type-s catback exhaust, billet tech catch can and am looking at getting a cutsom tune from Toona once I get everything installed (Hey it's a start :P). I am wondering at what point a guy needs to start worrying...
  19. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    I just bought a 07 jeep srt8. After only having it for 3 days, i got this warning light and my jeep felt sluggish. When I would turn, I would get this noise as well. From reading on this forum, I think it is my transfer case. Is that A good assumption? When i took it to the dealership here in...
  20. WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer
    So I call the dealership to have all three fluids changed (TC and both axles) after 22k and 3 yrs....they tell me $330. I had a $30 off coupon, so $300. When I get the bill it looks a little strange as seen below: 1 1491 Limited Slip Lube $19.95 ea 3 68003055AB Lubricant $10.22 ea 1 1141...
1-20 of 23 Results