Diablo Trinity Problems - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all WK2 SRT8 specific discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:53 AM

Can you tell me where to find my "Serial Number" so I can try to do the upgrade online.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonPerformance View Post
Were you just trying to load a CAN tune into your vehicle? You def don't need to pay a shop to do that...I can understand if they were doing custom CMR tunes but you can handle the CAN tunes on your own time, only takes a little while to load them up.

Did you update the unit after you got it? Or did they?

It should be a very easy fix one way or another...hopefully you get it sorted out soon! Don't pay a shop to load a CAN tune for you either lol. Just do some reading and you'll learn how to use that unit in a matter of no time at all, it's pretty user friendly and if you have questions, all you need to do is ask and the forum will help
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaz View Post
There's plenty of us in Chicago that can help you with loading a tune if needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlow View Post
Can you tell me where to find my "Serial Number" so I can try to do the upgrade online.

Thanks
Sticker on the back of the unit. Like 7 characters long.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 AM

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
Sticker on the back of the unit. Like 7 characters long.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:33 PM

We've tried everything with no success. It's not functioning correctly so we have contacted our vendor.

Thanks for everyones (forum members) help. It's appreciated!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:36 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

What's the problem? Still don't see the Jeep listed in the tune options?

Or not writing a tune to the Jeep?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 PM

Still don't see the 2012 JEEP as a tune option. Also, it sporadically shuts down, not sure what would cause that.

Could you let me know the type of packaging your Diablo Trinity was in. Mine was in a clear plastic molded sleeve. It looked like it had been around for a while and when I went to the "options" for the serial number it had a date of 7/2012. Just curious. . .

Thanks for asking.

Quote:
What's the problem? Still don't see the Jeep listed in the tune options?

Or not writing a tune to the Jeep?

Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Still don't see the 2012 JEEP as a tune option. Also, it sporadically shuts down, not sure what would cause that.

Could you let me know the type of packaging your Diablo Trinity was in. Mine was in a clear plastic molded sleeve. It looked like it had been around for a while and when I went to the "options" for the serial number it had a date of 7/2012. Just curious. . .

Thanks for asking.
Mine came in the same packaging.

It'll definitely need to be updated to the latest DCX file from Diablos website. Sounds like you know how to get to the update section on their page. You'll need that tool serial number to access the download files.

Make sure you have all the correct USB drivers install and the Diablo Sport software to interface with the Trinity. When you plug the tool in the DS software should let you know the tool is connected and it recognizes it.

My first update wouldn't happen automatically. I had to manually update the tool with the latest DCX file. The DCX is for Mopars. The other day my tool automatically updated when I plugged it into the computer and had the DS software running.

I bet you'll just need to manually install the latest DCX update and you'll be set to go.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mongoose9400 For This Useful Post:
TXSRTMike (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
looked like it had been around for a while and when I went to the "options" for the serial number it had a date of 7/2012. Just curious. . .

Thanks for asking.
The date doesn't matter. All that it needs is the update and you'll be in good shape.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'08 D1SC PROCHARGED, RACE VALVE (LOUD) SOUTHERN HOT ROD VIKING,
PRO TORQUE, ATI, EIBACHS, KOOKS, BORLA S, TOONA TUNE.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Mine came in the same packaging.

It'll definitely need to be updated to the latest DCX file from Diablos website. Sounds like you know how to get to the update section on their page. You'll need that tool serial number to access the download files.

Make sure you have all the correct USB drivers install and the Diablo Sport software to interface with the Trinity. When you plug the tool in the DS software should let you know the tool is connected and it recognizes it.

My first update wouldn't happen automatically. I had to manually update the tool with the latest DCX file. The DCX is for Mopars. The other day my tool automatically updated when I plugged it into the computer and had the DS software running.

I bet you'll just need to manually install the latest DCX update and you'll be set to go.

I had to do this as well, the trinity updated by itself then I had to save the dcx file to my computer and send it to the trinity. Never automatically did it

PB: 8.05@85.25 1/8 mile
Old 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Supporting Vendor

this does not seem to be working via email/forum, please give us a call with the tool powered up and we'll walk you through this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.