Diablo Trinity Problems - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all WK2 SRT8 specific discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:08 AM

Diablo Trinity Problems

My shop attempted to set-up the Trinity with no luck. It will not show a Jeep for a vehicle option. Didn't have time to get on their forum for tech assistance so we made the mistake of trying to call the "Tech Line" 6 times and on hold for approximately 15 minutes each time, which is absolute Bu$&sh@ for a $600.00 product.
I'm contacting the vendor I purchased it from to see if they can be of any help as well as tell them about the customer service I'm not receiving from Diablo.

I call the direct line Mike from Diablo lists on the forum and it gets forwarded to a free Bahama cruise and never makes it to Mike or anyone at Diablo.

Do any of my forum friends know why I don't receive a Jeep option?

Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,381 Times in 884 Posts
Patience bud...

I'm sure they'll take care of it for you, they're electronic, occasionally they have issues. Call the vendor you purchased from and they may replace it for you and take back the defective one, and if they don't, you'll have to send it into DiabloSport to have repaired or replaced.
I wonder if they have Outback Steakhouses in the Outback?

2012-2013 Demon Performance Procharger Kits on sale now!!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 AM

I'm trying. . . I was sitting in the shop after they installed the Borla and Hawk pads when they attempted the Diablo install.
I was paying an hourly labor rate when these guys are on the phone 6 times trying to get someone at Diablo to answer.

I own a business in Chicago, IL and if a customer made this many attempts to contact us with the same results as I received, I would be out of business.

So, based on your response, it should have shown JEEP for an option?

Thanks you!

Last edited by laynlow; 04-03-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,381 Times in 884 Posts
Were you just trying to load a CAN tune into your vehicle? You def don't need to pay a shop to do that...I can understand if they were doing custom CMR tunes but you can handle the CAN tunes on your own time, only takes a little while to load them up.

Did you update the unit after you got it? Or did they?

It should be a very easy fix one way or another...hopefully you get it sorted out soon! Don't pay a shop to load a CAN tune for you either lol. Just do some reading and you'll learn how to use that unit in a matter of no time at all, it's pretty user friendly and if you have questions, all you need to do is ask and the forum will help

Last edited by DemonPerformance; 04-03-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

There's plenty of us in Chicago that can help you with loading a tune if needed.
Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, soon to be released catback, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.
ng.

Powered by PWR Tooned by Johan Blinged by Billet Technologies
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 AM

It was just a CAN tune (93 octane). The only reason I had them do it was they were installing everything else so I figured what the heck, it would be easy.
I'm not sure if I understand your question, is it updated?. I loaded the CD and then plugged in the programer, that's it. Is there something else I need to do?

I'm still at the shop, how would they be able to update it?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Supporting Vendor

What year is your Jeep?

If it is 11-12 and the tool was not updated yet, it will not show up

If it is earlier, I'm guessing someone was skipping right past it in the list by clicking the double arrows maybe?

I want to take this opportunity to let everyone know that getting us on the phone is not always the best idea, nor is it necessary in most cases. We have multiple options for contact, the best of which is right here on our website:
http://www.diablosport.com/support/t...port-main.html

Fill out that form, describe the issue, and we will get back to you, likely before we finish the phone call we are on at that moment

There are also about 3 other means of email contact on our website:
http://www.diablosport.com/contact/contact-us.html

Then there is our live chat service:
(I cant link it, but there is a floating box on our site that you can click to connect with one of our techs)

In addition to this, is our forum, where you can find lots of answers to lots of questions, or email directly to support@diablosport.com with any questions you may have.

If you still need assistance with this device, please email me, mlitsch @ diablosport.com

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike@Diablosport For This Useful Post:
Tim H Calgary (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 09:23 AM

Mike,

2012 GCSRT8

I did try the Diablo tech forum for answers and received the following emails from Garrett. (see below)

Garrett's instructions:
1. Please choose 2010 for the vehicle year and continue. (Specified 2012 Jeep SRT8 on form)
2. Plug into a computer with internet and it should update.
3. Please be patient on hold. We are currently very busy

Please. . . if someone from Diablo could get back to me with exactly what I need to do to your product to get it working, it would be appreciated.

Last edited by laynlow; 04-03-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

http://diablosport.com/index.php/dow...-updates?pid=2

Go here and update your Trinity. It has step by step instructions.

'08 D1SC PROCHARGED, RACE VALVE (LOUD) SOUTHERN HOT ROD VIKING,
PRO TORQUE, ATI, EIBACHS, KOOKS, BORLA S, TOONA TUNE.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

I'm on the NW side of the city, you're more than welcome to come by and I will update your trinity for you and get the tune installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.