Finally stopped being a woos and pulled the trigger on the 2014! - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 AM

Congrats. The red does look pretty sweet, but I'm always shy about red cars, they can fade can the sun. And nothing ever gets colour matched correctly if there's a problem.

On my old jeep my hood was a different colour then the body from a repair by the previous owner ( purchased it as a junker so I wouldn't hurt my BMW in winter )

Also, I know your woes with the unreliable over modified jap rally cars that smell of raw fuel . soooo much fun when they work, but too much time in the shop when they don't.

I promise you will be pleased with the interior of the jeep coming from a rally car. My tastes have kind of gone the same way as yours. My Subaru was basically a gutted race car I drove on the streets. Then my BMW was a little more refined, but still simple. And then the jeep with electronics everywhere you look and leather everything. It's a nice place to sit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter2772000 View Post
Hey Jordan! Welcome form a fellow Montrealer.

Which dealer did you order from? Mine's ordered thru Rive-Sud Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep. I ordered mine with everything but the rear dvd. I also went with Cherry Red, though I intend to vinyl-wrap it in our company colours shortly after I get it. If I ever get it (long story)

Hi Peter!

I also ordered it through Rive-Sud Chrysler and I'm aware of your story. If I'm not mistaken your 2012 order was switched to a 2013 and then to a 2014. I've heard this happening to many customers in Canada, the US seems to often have priority on these models which makes sense but at the same time can be frustrating to enthusiasts like us. I know for a fact that the sales manager at the dealership has put in a special favor request on your order and another person's SRT8 so hopefully that will lead to yours being scheduled for production soon. It is possible though that Chrysler will prioritize mine since it is a "retail" sale rather than "company & fleet" but I doubt so. I work business development for Scotia's auto finance division so I'm close with all dealerships in the province, if worse comes to worse I'll ask around my Chrysler dealers for their opinions.

I really hope you get yours asap, that is way too long to be waiting for such a specialty vehicle! And interesting about the vinyl wrap, looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for it. I was thinking of doing a matte black wrap but not quite sure yet, I like the fact that it protects the actual paint, so you can remove it a couple of years down the road and have a mint vehicle.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loud8 View Post
Congrats. The red does look pretty sweet, but I'm always shy about red cars, they can fade can the sun. And nothing ever gets colour matched correctly if there's a problem.

On my old jeep my hood was a different colour then the body from a repair by the previous owner ( purchased it as a junker so I wouldn't hurt my BMW in winter )

Also, I know your woes with the unreliable over modified jap rally cars that smell of raw fuel . soooo much fun when they work, but too much time in the shop when they don't.

I promise you will be pleased with the interior of the jeep coming from a rally car. My tastes have kind of gone the same way as yours. My Subaru was basically a gutted race car I drove on the streets. Then my BMW was a little more refined, but still simple. And then the jeep with electronics everywhere you look and leather everything. It's a nice place to sit.

Hi Loud,

You sure seem to know what I'm talking about with my tuner woes....lol Glad to see that others on this forum come from a similar background. I really love my Evo and as you mention it's a blast to drive when it's healthy. But I'm way too busy to be troubleshoothing when I have issues, they are extremely high-tech cars and it can be tricky figuring out what is causing the car to run badly.

I know what you mean about the red paint, these types of paint are tough to match but if you take them to a top-level paint shop there usually is no problem. I'm just hoping I like the actual tone of red, that's what is worrying me. I purchased my Evo X in Rally Red (which is the metallic red) and I always found it to be a little too "pinkish". I ended up having a manufacturing defect with the paint (Mitsubishi had terrible paint those years) and so I had the whole car repainted in "Claret red metallic" which is the metallic red from the Corvette ZR1. It was painted by the shop that does the Lambos/Lotus and other high-end cars (John Scotti Automotive) so the result was completely phenomenal.

I wish I could get this red in the SRT, but since I can't hopefully the Redline will look amazing.

Here's a few pics of my Evo with custom paint (stickers were for sponsor photoshoot):

Old 02-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Major Contributing Member

White!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2013, 11:29 AM
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,198 Posts
Re: Finally stopped being a woos and pulled the trigger on the 2014!

My vote is for Maximum Steel. The blues are the rarest by far on the WK1's & that could be the case with this color as well. Go to the dealer & look at this color in person on something else it is very nice.

Jim
Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 PM

Yeah there was a Grand Cherokee there in Maximum Steel. It looks like a dark charcoal with a slight blue hue to it. Although it looks nice & classy, I'm not a fan of the bluish color...
Old 02-17-2013, 06:10 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRims View Post
Hi Peter!

I also ordered it through Rive-Sud Chrysler and I'm aware of your story........ I work business development for Scotia's auto finance division so I'm close with all dealerships in the province, if worse comes to worse I'll ask around my Chrysler dealers for their opinions.

I really hope you get yours asap, that is way too long to be waiting for such a specialty vehicle! And interesting about the vinyl wrap, looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for it. I was thinking of doing a matte black wrap but not quite sure yet, I like the fact that it protects the actual paint, so you can remove it a couple of years down the road and have a mint vehicle.

Wow, now that's a mind-blower. You know more about my situation than I do.

To be honest, I was 99.9% positive that a walk-in saw the truck being off-loaded and offered the dealership a few grand over sticker to get it right away. I was so sure, seeing as I was only told that my order had been bumped for the american market within the same week or so that the truck was to be delivered. It was too much of a coincidence for me. I guess I was wrong after all.
Thanks so much for sharing this info with me. That makes me feel better.

I'm probably going to vinyl wrap her in the same colour as my service fleet.

www.idealmec.com

Go to menu, then service. The blue is darker than what you see in the pics, but you get the picture.

BTW, I also come from a car-modding background. Latest feat was in 2005, I stuffed a Ramjet 502/502 big block c/w 4L80E & Ford 9" into my 1997 GMC Safari. After working out the inevitable little bumps, squeaks and quirks, I took her and her fully-functional air bags, ABS, cruise, a/c etc on a two-week excursion across the US, just to prove the nay-sayers wrong.

And yeah, I am bragging.....

Sorry
Old 02-17-2013, 11:03 AM

I bought a 2013 ... chose the Vapor package ... black on black and it looks like the freakin' Batmobile. I know that black isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I gotta tell you that it is BAD ASS lookin'. Get a LOT of comments about what a nice looking Jeep it is. I put the Tail light Solutions LED lighting package on it, a 392 HEMI badge, and a smoked license plate cover and it's drop dead gorgeous.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter2772000 View Post
Wow, now that's a mind-blower. You know more about my situation than I do.

To be honest, I was 99.9% positive that a walk-in saw the truck being off-loaded and offered the dealership a few grand over sticker to get it right away. I was so sure, seeing as I was only told that my order had been bumped for the american market within the same week or so that the truck was to be delivered. It was too much of a coincidence for me. I guess I was wrong after all.
Thanks so much for sharing this info with me. That makes me feel better.

I'm probably going to vinyl wrap her in the same colour as my service fleet.

www.idealmec.com

Go to menu, then service. The blue is darker than what you see in the pics, but you get the picture.

BTW, I also come from a car-modding background. Latest feat was in 2005, I stuffed a Ramjet 502/502 big block c/w 4L80E & Ford 9" into my 1997 GMC Safari. After working out the inevitable little bumps, squeaks and quirks, I took her and her fully-functional air bags, ABS, cruise, a/c etc on a two-week excursion across the US, just to prove the nay-sayers wrong.

And yeah, I am bragging.....

Sorry

Understandable that you were suspecting that someone else received your order, but I'm pretty confident that wouldn't of happened... the sales manager is a stand-up guy and cares about his customers. The way he talks to me about your situation I can tell he feels really bad about it.

Wow that's quite the project! Definitely cool and probably the only one of its kind, congrats on doing something different and sticking with it until the end
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N543RR View Post
I bought a 2013 ... chose the Vapor package ... black on black and it looks like the freakin' Batmobile. I know that black isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I gotta tell you that it is BAD ASS lookin'. Get a LOT of comments about what a nice looking Jeep it is. I put the Tail light Solutions LED lighting package on it, a 392 HEMI badge, and a smoked license plate cover and it's drop dead gorgeous.

Congratuations on our 2013 Vapor edition, must be beautiful. I will admit that I'm really considering black, I think it suits the truck to a tee and gives it a very sinister look. I would love to be able to go to my dealership and see the 2014 in each and every color before making my decision....such a dreamer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.