Laid off in MI - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Regional Forums > Midwest / Great Lakes

Midwest / Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:14 PM
That'l Buff Out
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Laid off in MI

Let me start this by saying bernie or any other mods, I am sorry for this is if goes against rules but since I am not an LLC I wanted to see I could go through with this, or maybe have it up for only a day. As everyone knows its tough everywhere, back in December I got laid off at my job doing detailing for the Ferrari dealership here in Michigan as they closed their doors. Giving one days notice to many people who had been there for over 20 years. Since then I have bounced to a few jobs but they have either lied to me about literally every aspect of the job or offered me less money than we agreed to after starting. The current job offered me 45 hours for sure, and the last two days they told me they didn't have enough cars for me to come in, literally had 15 hours of work this week.. Knowing very well I cannot survive off of that and not wanting to rely on others for the rest of my life I have decided to go back to school and finish my degree up that I started at Michigan State. I need to first give a semester at a GRCC to get accepted back so for now I need to find a supplemental income (my mother has agreed to help me in school ways a little). As I loved every interaction with everyone on our cherokeesrt8 community I know there may be a few people that may be able to help me while I can offer them a quality service. And with that is brings me to the point of me starting this thread:

I have experience doing paint corrections on high end vehicles and am very skilled in that aspect, also with wet-sanding scratches and such. I put alot of my own money into my product while I worked on the Ferrari's never thinking I'd be let go so abruptly (1,000's), so I know what I am doing as the learning curve on a car panel that costs over $15k makes you get very good at what you do. I don't meant to boast but I wouldn't offer this if I didn't think it was worth someone elses' hard earned money. I know I cannot live on this money forever but I was hoping a few guys may need work done on their jeeps, and winter is a great time too because alot of guys let them sit over winter and aren't driving the beast anyways. Even if you don't need my service it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass my information on to them as any work would be better than my current job income..

I can come to your house so you don't need to do anything but let me and and let me go to work. This will allow you to do what you need to do while not worrying where or who is driving your car or messing around with it.

All I need to do my work is:
-A garage (heat not necessary, I have lots of lights I will be bringing, produce good heat)
-Multiple electrical outlets
-Water connection (not necessary)

I am not asking nearly what other detailers charge for this quality of work for obvious reasons, most detailers charge near starting at $700 for this work. For a single stage I would start at a mere $250, and a multi-stage starting at $350. I also can do semi-permanent coatings which can last for up to 24 months, great for wheels and preventing excessive brake dust. Most people will find a multi-stage is where the will want to go, and at least permanent coat their wheels.

This is a website I made for family as I did work for them back a while, **I am not an LLC, this is not an advertisement**.

http://wyliemobileautodetail.weebly.com/

It will let you know what I am all about and give you background and pictures of what I am capable of doing. I know very well this thread may be deleted but I hope at least a few people can see it and pass my name out or need my service. Again I'm sorry bernie but I know all the great things our community does for people and that I have seen on here with my own eyes, even if you leave it up for a few days before deleting it that would be a great help. Thank you everyone and hope you all have a great weekend!
Supercars are designed to melt ice caps, kill the poor, poison the water table, destroy the ozone layer, decimate indigenous wildlife, recapture the Falkland Islands, and turn the entire third world into a huge, un-inhabitable desert. But, only after they've nicked all the oil.--Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by MichiganSRT8; 01-27-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Major Contributing Member

Hope this stays up for a bit. God I feel for you my man that sucks. I would absolutely 100% let you work on my Jeep but I'm all the way out in VA....but hey if your ever in the area for some reason and you could somehow come by the supplies you need offers on the table. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

2007 Silver

PERFORMANCE: It's NA. It's Fun. It's Loud as hell

EXTERIOR: Beautiful inside and out.
The Following User Says Thank You to SemperP-SRT8 For This Useful Post:
MichiganSRT8 (01-28-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 PM

Garage
Damn man that sucks. Hopefully everything works out for you

I plan on going to visit a buddy of mine in Milford in the next few weeks. I want my front bumper looked at so maybe we can work something out. Where in Michigan are you?
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSheldonCooper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 08:44 PM
That'l Buff Out
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Thanks guys, Im really trying to see the positive side in this and with a community like we have it makes it much easier. Id totally do it if I somehow came by VA man no doubt, and if I somehow end up there I will for sure contact you Semper. And Dan I can come in most any areas of Michigan if someone needs work done. I am currently in Grand Rapids but come home to Brighton near Ann Arbor every other weekend, and again if someone needs service I am not going to deny work.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Damn, why aren't you closer. My jeep could use the TLC. Good luck and I hope Bernie leaves it up for at least a day. Where I'm from that is a smokin deal. Good luck

11.79@113
2008 Jeep GCSRT8 Procharger D1 SHR Viking and FTI 3200 stall
R1 rotors and stop techs, reso-delete,
Electric exhaust cuts outs
Demonized and tuned by Datoona!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to roadboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Laid off in MI

How long would you need to get this done? If this is something you can do over the weekend, I might be interested. PM your number. I'm in Chicago but my sis live in MI. Maybe we can set something up. I'm always game to help out a State Fan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-25-2013, 10:34 PM

Good decision to go back to school. That is an investment that will pay off literally for the rest of your life. Wish you were local to me (I'm in NJ) I would have you do my 3 cars this weekend! Best of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to boosting For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 PM
That'l Buff Out
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadboy View Post
Damn, why aren't you closer. My jeep could use the TLC. Good luck and I hope Bernie leaves it up for at least a day. Where I'm from that is a smokin deal. Good luck
Thanks alot man, hopin he does, would help out more than he could know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsoIsh08 View Post
How long would you need to get this done? If this is something you can do over the weekend, I might be interested. PM your number. I'm in Chicago but my sis live in MI. Maybe we can set something up. I'm always game to help out a State Fan.

Hey, well matter what you want done, if you'd like a multistage, which I would recommend it would take me day and half really cause I'd wanna do it correctly. But single stage I'd be good with a day 8-6 or so and should have it tip top. Thanks alot man, MSU support is always good in my book, even though dont tell anyone I went to UofM games since I was about 5, 50 yrd line seats and got to slap hands with players since I was little. House divided when I'm home haha. Thanks again!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 PM
That'l Buff Out
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosting View Post
Good decision to go back to school. That is an investment that will pay off literally for the rest of your life. Wish you were local to me (I'm in NJ) I would have you do my 3 cars this weekend! Best of luck.
Thanks alot, it's not gunna be easy but with 2 doctors in my family, and a few masters I realize the road isnt easy but in the end I will regret it if I dont finish what I set out to do in the first place. Since I have this skill I am going to do anything I can to get back through school and get to where I want to be. Wish I was closer too man, I'd be down right away. Thanks for the encouragement, means alot from the family here on our community! have a great weekend man!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 PM
That'l Buff Out
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Anybody else in Michigan need some work done? I know we got a few guys here.. Im barely gunna get 15 hours a week for like 3 months here so any detail work anyone needs would be better than being here. This is really a prime time for a garage queen to get cleaned up as well as the DD, the queen will be prime and ready come spring when its time to unwrap it. I know alot of guys have doubts too cause in the "old days" burning paint was almost inevitable and today that is true too, but only with it in the hand of a inexperienced person. As I have spend every day on high end vehicles I am very much not a "noob" anymore, and appreciate each vehicle as what it is for its owner. I have experience with single stage paint too if anyone has wondered about that, multiple Testarossas came in during my time with Ferrari and all with single stage.

Also I thought maybe if there is a group of guys that need something done, like the chicago guys maybe I can get a group of maybe 4-5 guys who can be down for sure and I can find a week I can stay with a friend of something in Chicago and get each one done for a week, that would be amazing and help me more than anyone could think at this point.

PM me if anyone has been thinking it over but has any serious questions about jumping in on it, I know its a seemingly expensive service but really in the life of your vehicle what I am charging is not a lot if spread out over your whole ownership. Anyone thats had their car done can be witness to this on here and you are welcome to chime in.

Thank you again to everyone on this community, glad I have had an opportunity to meet genuinely nice people on here, and hope to keep meeting more. Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by MichiganSRT8; 01-26-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.