Thanks Ralphy Boy. A $72k Jeep - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Major Contributing Member

Thanks Ralphy Boy. A $72k Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumminsPilot View Post
Priced out what I'd like to order:

Almost exactly the same MSRP as the 2013 Alpine I wanted...but with an 8 speed transmission, an 8.4" nav screen, and digital gauges.

I've driven every (worthwhile) suv on the market looking for the one to spend my money on. From the supercharged Range Rover to the Cayenne Turbo to the Ford Explorer. Compromise between price, luxury, and performance is the SRT, even at a $70k price point. My opinion, yours may vary.
Where did you find that build form?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEight View Post
Where did you find that build form?

It's just Excel, using the pricing found here that Jim linked me to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 PM

Long live the WK1!!!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM

Garage
i don't know what the big deal about the price is. yeah, it's priced pretty high for a jeep, but you get a lot with it. they will still sell, no doubt about that.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waumo View Post
I guess I'm just glad for once we timed things right and picked up one of the last new 2010s loaded for $42K in April 2010. We have enjoyed it a lot. Unfortunately when it is gone for whatever reason I guess we will be back to something more mundane as even though I could pay the price for a WK2, there is no way I would.
Maybe if I get to drive one at the Track Experience I will have a change of heart but it seems unlikely.
You won't.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Elite Contributing Member

I will never buy a WK2 even though I like the looks of it. The price point is too high, they are losing their most loyal customers.
I will be keeping my WK1 as long as I can. The WK1 is the legend period.

Why buy a WK2 when you can buy a 300SRT or Charger SRT for much less. You get more room and better performance.

I'll be waiting for the 2015 model SRT's to come out, hopefully the Cuda comes to fruition with a SC HEMI. I just hope they don't overprice it.

www.dingsracing.com
I'm gettting frustrated with modding
Old 01-25-2013, 07:52 PM

^ the 300srt should have a refresh with the 8 speed trams and updates by July. I like the Jeep, but the operating costs are too high (fuel, depreciation). Now I am between a used 2013 Audi S6, used 2011-2013 BMW 550ix, new 300srt. ( yes it is cheaper to operate high end german sedans than a Jeep) I really want AWD. I will decide this summer, until then I patiently wait to see the updated 300srt.

1999 Trans Am WS6 15,xxx miles
Other Mundane cars.....

Last edited by WS6TA; 01-26-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbf8 View Post
i don't know what you thought was going to happen...a lower price on a new and better product? The base price of a 2014 isn't much different from the previous models. The invoice on a base srt is under $60k, so if you didn't have to have one "loaded" and worked a deal, you probably could be $65k otd. Since you are good at finding used bmw, go get one of those...see what happens when one breaks out of warranty too. They might treat you well at the dealership, but that is because they are going to plunder your bank account for a repair. There are trade offs for everything and the price of cars keeps going up. A base mustang gt puts you around $35k now.
And about srt making profits for chrysler...you think they should lose money as their highest priced product? Did you forget they were bankrupt when the last jeep came out? Why would you want your most elite brand to make the most money for you? Buddy...you gotta get over it and either pony up or head to the bmw site.
x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 PM

I've never seen so much in brand bashing! WK1 vs WK2, this is crazy. Some WK1 owners don't like the WK2(2012-13) models, but will buy 2014 because of the 8speed tranny & bigger nav screen! That's ridiculous! I've owned aWK1 & loved it for what it was! I now own a 2012 & love I for what it is, actually much more than the 1! Personal preference! The SRT brand has moved on from being just muscle cars & trucks! Maybe the brand is trying to capture a more mature, slightly more affluent audience. Hell, who would've thought we'd be paying over 50k for a Ram!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to pplace993 For This Useful Post:
Kim910 (01-25-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 09:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplace993 View Post
I've never seen so much in brand bashing! WK1 vs WK2, this is crazy. Some WK1 owners don't like the WK2(2012-13) models, but will buy 2014 because of the 8speed tranny & bigger nav screen! That's ridiculous! I've owned aWK1 & loved it for what it was! I now own a 2012 & love I for what it is, actually much more than the 1! Personal preference! The SRT brand has moved on from being just muscle cars & trucks! Maybe the brand is trying to capture a more mature, slightly more affluent audience. Hell, who would've thought we'd be paying over 50k for a Ram!!!!!!!
Paying that much for a ram isn't that bad. Ford has had their F series priced at 50k+ for a while, especially since their platinum series came out. Some 350s are close to if not over 60k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.