Help - 2007 SRT8 Tune/Warranty - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 AM

Help - 2007 SRT8 Tune/Warranty

Hi everybody.

I just bought a 2007 SRT8, with an intake and a catback. I bought a super extended chrysler warranty (through 140k)

After i got it home, i looked through some of the other paperwork in the glovebox. There was a diablo3 tuner manual with the paperwork. I have jumped to the conclusion that it may have a tune.

The dealership i bought it from "knows" the guy they got it from. I have asked them to ask him if it had a tune (and was reverted) or if it still has a tune, or if it never did. He says (though them) that HE didnt, but the previous owner may have....and he is letting the dealership "borrow" the tuner to revert it, if necessary. This all sounds a little fishy to me....

What i really want to know is how does any of this affect my warranty? I have read that it will void my warrenty, i have read that it wont, i have read that if i flash it back, they wont be able to tell, and i have read that they will (footprints)

I dont know anything about this sort of thing. The dealer i got it from is a Fiat dealer (not a chrysler dealer (but you know that fiat owns chrysler). I am hesitant to take it to an actual chrysler dealer to inquire, as i am afraid they will find a tune, make some notes in a system somewhere and that will void my warranty?

Help. i dont know what my next steps should be?

ANY input would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Well when i traded in my 07 in i left the cmr dyno tune in it and as i no the owners and the mechanic that worked on my jeep and i told him i left the tune in it so it may not pass smog test. He said he will run it any way to see what happends and he told me it passed with flying colors and it read almost all 0 accross the board and said thats better than a stock tune so IMO i dont think it should void the warrant as long as the tune in it will pass the state smog test. We in CA have the toughest smog test there is.
07 BLACK SRT-8 GC JEEP SOLD

Last edited by jim383; 01-24-2013 at 09:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jim383 For This Useful Post:
davidn01 (01-25-2013)
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 AM

We dont have an emissions test in MN anymore

I am more concerned with having some sort of engine issue and then having them hook it up, discovering the tune (if there is one) and telling me my warranty is void. And, i dont really know, can i revert it without them knowing (if it does indeed void the warranty)

I seem to get a bunch of different advice, and i need to know what to do BEFORE i run into trouble at some point and need to take it in.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 AM

Does anyone else have any feedback, or any input as to where i could go to identify what i should do? I mean, i was thinking that i could just try to call a dealer anonymously, but you know how service departments typically are. If there isn't a chance to get some money from me, they are not interested in helping. (thats my feeling, anyways)

Help!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 AM

Garage
really depends on dealer. but to be safe, just always put the stock tune back in (if in fact it does have a tune) before going to see the dealer. Some dealers dont care. some wont even look at if if you have mods. Hook up the tuner and see if it has an original backup loaded

The Following User Says Thank You to kmitch80 For This Useful Post:
davidn01 (01-25-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
Find a way to see if you have one in, then take it out or enjoy it!
My dealership dont mind us having a tune but they ask us to remove it before warranty work can be done>
07 Jeep SRT8~Diablo tune~180 tstat~Afe CAI~Eibach pro kit~B/W end links~B/T catch can~Led fogs and TLS harness~Stillens covers~Black out Rims~AAC grille scanner~FlowMaster exhaust with 5" Tips~Carbon fiber Mirror covers~R-1 Rotors~Blue Tops Solenoids.
The Following User Says Thank You to jumpback For This Useful Post:
davidn01 (01-25-2013)
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM

Go to the dealer, have them flash the PCM to make sure its stock.
or
Buy a tuner, have the stock cal forced back

Get a CMR tune and enjoy it. If you have to go in for warranty work, flash it back to stock if you are worried.
Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, soon to be released catback, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.
ng.