Any golfers out there? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
Any golfers out there?

I'm a big time golfer, and wanted to know if any of you guys also enjoy the sport as much as I do. I went to the Ryder Cup last fall just because it was basically in my backyard. It was incredible. What do you guys shoot on the regular? Best round/worst round? What clubs do you use?

My personal best was a 79 at Tanna Farms out in Geneva. I'll admit it was one of those days where i couldn't mishit a shot and everything worked out to my favor. Haven't had a round like that in forever tho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 AM

Play golf 3-4 times a week in thesummer.. Best round ever is 71 on par 72.. I play the Ping I20 irons, Ping answer wedges, Calaway razr fit driver. I generally shoot high 70s low 80s on a normal day. I haven't been to anything like that yet but its on my to do list.

What clubs are you using?

Last edited by 2012srt; 01-20-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 AM

Garage
wow, under par is really damn impressive man, congrats. i've been aiming for that for years. one day ill get there.

i use taylor made burner 2.0s, with a TM rocketballz driver. only thing is my irons are all graphite, and i have to upgrade prior to the start of this season. my swing is too fast for those. i need to get extra stiff irions.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:49 AM

Yea, I couldnt play with graphite irons. I will say that the 71 was on a pretty short easy local course. I play with a buddy that use to have is pro card. Let me tell you how nice it would be able to make "golf" shots. He holds the course record at 2 of the local courses. playing with him has really improved my game. My scores have gotten much more consistent. SO much of it is mental man. Id also recommend getting some lessons if you are serious about your game. I did last winter and it really made me more confident!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:55 AM

Garage
well when i was shopping for drivers i stopped at the PGA superstore and tested a few drivers, and the guy told me i needed an extra stiff driver because my club head speed was about 117-120MPH with a driver. i came back a few hours later for a lesson and the instructor was shocked that i was using graphite irons. strongly recommended extra stiff irions. i agree that it's all a mental game but it's so hard to stay focused and on track at the course when you hit one erratic shot and then another.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 AM

oh yea i know the feeling. I actually play better at new courses because I think I concentrate more and have to think about each shot. Yea def get new irons... I have always swung ping irons and have loved them.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 AM

Garage
i was looking at the pings as well as the R11s.

i really like the way the R11s felt, mostly because i'm a taylormade fan.

have you tried a fat grip on your putter? it does wonders ... maybe it was just a mental thing for me, but i really helped me.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:08 AM

YES, I did it last year. Love it. I dont push or pull putts anymore. I also Putt cross grip (right hand on top)
The Following User Says Thank You to 2012srt For This Useful Post:
DrSheldonCooper (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Any golfers out there?

How about mini golf?? lol. I been out a few times and I'm not so good. So I just hit up the driving range once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

When I was able to play, teed of with a Bailey's and coffee and chased down the beer girls. Actually I switched to the graphite shaft to get better control on the fairways. I lost a lot of my distance driving, but kept a lot more balls on the fairway. Also snapped a couple of shafts at the head with the graphite. Such a nice variety of courses here.
2012 GC SRT8(Being Demonized for more): D1SC Procharger, ProLine Racing built engine, forged pistons and rods, custom supercharger cam, Demon/Fore return fuel system, Kook's, SHR, FTI, ATI, DMH cutouts, Brembo Sport rotors slotted, hawks, BT goodies, TS LED tails, LED interior, Borla ATAK, Shark Fin, Johan Tuned, Nate & Skip assembled.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.