Jeep Wrangler People, Step On In - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Other Vehicle Discussion > Other Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat Vehicle Discussion

Other Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat Vehicle Discussion This is the section for the discussion of all other Chrysler Group LLC vehicles.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 AM
Busy
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,460 Times in 960 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jps043
Jeep Wrangler People, Step On In

Alright ladies and gentleman, I am tossing around the idea of purchasing a JK wrangler for my daily driver once the jeep is sold. I am not extremely familiar with all the different trims or models, and was wondering if you more educated members would help me out. I want a 4-door model with some type of trail rated package meaning I want big tires, preferably some sort of lift etc. It appears as though there are several different trims that can accompany this (Rubicon, Sahara, Wrangler Unlimited etc.) but to be honest I don't know the difference between any of them. I also require my potential wrangler to have the mygig with navigation.

And before someone says it, yes I know this is a Cherokee SRT8 forum but we are allowed to cross pollinate and divulge information in regards to other models

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Moderator/ Smart Ass
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,492 Times in 1,091 Posts
Garage
PM Keoni .
Chad (06 Inferno Red GC SRT8) PWR 6.3L, PWR Apache Heads, Stage6 76 mm Turbo, Stage6 Fuel Pump, SHR NAG1-HTCr, PI 2400 TQ Converter, ATI Flex Plate, BC Coil Overs, Wilwood TC6R calipers, Kooks Headers, Mopar exhaust, MM 85mm T-body, Jerseyboy CMR, Bwoody Sway Links, R1 Concepts F Slot & Dimp, R StopTech Pads, Earls Trans Cooler, TLS Rear Fog Harness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Busy
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn1 View Post
PM Keoni .
Yeah I will shoot him a link to this thread
Old 01-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Supporting Vendor

Hey John!
I'm addicted to wranglers, every time I sell one I want another, I'm on my 4th now, see pic below. They are hands down the funnest vehicle for the money IMO, they are like nothing else, and cheap to mod!!

First off the 2 door is just a wrangler, and the 4 door version is the wrangler unlimited.
of the 4 door unlimited, the trims are Sport, Sahara, and Rubicon.

The way I look at it, the sport is the base, the sahara is the luxe and the rubicon is the offroad - from the factory.

They all have the same engine now, they used to have a 4 cyl and 6 cyl but they are all 6 now. They are all trail rated, and all very capable off road especially with a lift/tires

The sahara and rubicon come with nicer, larger wheels, rubi has larger tires, sahara has body color fenders etc. But if I were you, just looking for a DD with a lift and bigger wheels/tires, I would get the sport - save the money over the rubicon, and do it up the way you want. The rubicon has locking diff's, upgraded axels, etc but you wont need any of that for daily driving so why pay for it. you can get the look you want, cheaper with the sport without giving up anything you would want.

Here's the one I'm in currently

*** 2014 GC SRT8 Calendar Now Available***

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...d.php?t=111937

Last edited by squigmang; 01-17-2013 at 07:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to squigmang For This Useful Post:
jps043 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Busy
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Matt, thank you very much for the information, that really helps. Like you said, I don't know how much time I will be having to go off-roading etc. so maybe just going with the Sport version and upgrading the items I want is the way to go. Sweet looking Wrangler you've got there for sure!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps043 View Post
Matt, thank you very much for the information, that really helps. Like you said, I don't know how much time I will be having to go off-roading etc. so maybe just going with the Sport version and upgrading the items I want is the way to go. Sweet looking Wrangler you've got there for sure!
Thanks, once a lift and bigger tires are on the sport it will out wheel just about any stock rubicon. It still has 4low and can handle just about anything you can throw at it! the only thing im not sure about is if you can get mygig as an option.
The Following User Says Thank You to squigmang For This Useful Post:
jps043 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Busy
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by squigmang View Post
Thanks, once a lift and bigger tires are on the sport it will out wheel just about any stock rubicon. It still has 4low and can handle just about anything you can throw at it! the only thing im not sure about is if you can get mygig as an option.
That is very good to know. I will check Jeep's site about MyGig being include in the sports while pricing one out.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I'm going through the same process, trying make room so i can keep the SRT but may have to part with it. Here's the wrangler I'm looking at...its built to the Moab specs...

Cant go wrong with the limited editions, but the new 2013 MOAB edition is perfect for a DD and trail runner if you want to offroad occasionally, its got everything...Get the new 3.7 gear ratio if you plan on running 33-35" tires, anything over that and you will need to go at least 4.10's...with the new 3.6 Pentastar.
Attached Thumbnails
Wrangler 1.JPG   Wrangler 2.JPG   Wrangler 3.JPG  

Last edited by First Jeep; 01-17-2013 at 09:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to First Jeep For This Useful Post:
jps043 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 AM
DAYUM!!!
Premium Member

Thanked 1,509 Times in 950 Posts
If you want to do lift and tires and do mild offroading 100%, buy the Rubicon...

This is what you will get with the Rubicon over the Sport and Sahara...

4.10 grears
4:1 Transfer Case
Front/Rear Dana44 Axles
Front/Rear E-Lockers
Electronic front sway bar disconnect
Mud Tires
Rock sliders

The options you can get with the JK is very long.

I would recomend getting the dual tops (Hard/Soft) You can also get the hardtop painted as an option.

Nav., Speakers, etc., etc, The list goes on...

My local dealer has started offering the "AEV" packages for their customers...look into this as well...You can buy a turn key badass Jeep with full warranty and finance everything.

AEV= American Expedition Vehicles

The most important thing....BUY the 6spd. tranny....You don't want an automatic Wrangler!!!!!!!!!!

Also, The new Billet Silver paint new for this year is sick!

Last edited by 1BAMFR; 01-17-2013 at 10:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1BAMFR For This Useful Post:
jps043 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 AM
DAYUM!!!
Premium Member

Thanked 1,509 Times in 950 Posts
This is an AEV Jeep for sale at my local dealer...$60k...New silver color...

Can you build one yourself for cheaper? Yes, you can, But if you buy this you can finance your mods.

OR, Buy a nice used one for mid to low $30's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.