US Gun Control - 2013 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Major Contributing Member

Exclamation US Gun Control - 2013

Iím curious as to what your thoughts/concerns/opinions are regarding new, presidential ordered, gun control laws in the US. Being Canadian, I already have to deal with some of these laws but more want to hear your own thoughts. As an avid gun enthusiast, I am personally quite opposed to Obamaís actions. The staggering amount of uneducated Americans in regard to this topic is quite frankly frightening. Please feel free to post and discuss stats along with ethics as I want to engage in some educated debates and or conversations.

For those un aware: Today, Obama announces 23 executive actions and asks Congress to pass gun laws.

1. "Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system."
2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."
3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."
4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."
5. "Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun."
6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers."
7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."
8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)."
9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations."
10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement."
11. "Nominate an ATF director."
12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."
13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."
14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."
15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."
16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."
17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."
18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."
19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education."
20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."
21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."
22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations."
23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health."
08' Sierra Denali - 6" BDF Lift
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Garage
just got done reading a few article and putting an opinion together, basically its pretty ridiculous that law abiding citizens are going to have to pay for mentally ill people and irresponsible gun owners. Everyone has so many "rights" these days that the seriousness of a lot of situations get overlooked. We need to focus on the actual problems, anyone that is crazy enough to do a mass shooting will get a weapon either way. No law will stop that, it was illegal for Adam to steal his mothers gun and her car, it was illegal for Adam to come onto school grounds with it, it was illegal for Adam to force his way into the school, it was Illegal for him to continue with the rest of what happened. So these people don't seem to worried about the laws already in place if you ask me! how are more laws for law abiding people going to help? trying to make the weapons harder to get?? ah yes that's their "plan" make them harder to get legally, which then bumps of the price of illegal weapons therefore supporting the black market for sales on weapons, because it doesn't matter how the criminal gets the weapon, if they really want it, they will locate it. Make them harder to get, your going to see an increase in crazy people breaking into houses to steal firearms. i could go on and on. i bought 2 colt ar15s at the beginning of this year because i saw this shit happening with our so greatly ran country. kept 1 just sold the other and bought stuff for the jeep.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 PM

Garage
i guess what i said doesn't directly deal with the executive orders and it has more to deal with the bill NY passed. final opinion, merica needs to open up their eyes. and to stop shit like this happening we all need to GROW THE f8CK UP, educate, and teach responsibility (its ALWAYS someones elses fault these days) and if we need to arm our teachers it needs to happen.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM

Its all a mess. I just know that I have a CWP, I own a few assault rifles, and a lot of high capacity magazines for my pistols and assault rifles. I will be going to a gun show this weekend to see what they have to.
08 Silver CSRT4 (Other Daily Driver) #2905 of 5674
Old 01-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Plain and simple gun control and gun free zones don't work. The whole premise of making something more illegal has absolutely no affect on criminals. All it does is inhibit legally gun owning Americans from procuring weapons through legal means.
Also the whole assault weapon nonsense. The origination of the second amendment was to make available to any and all citizens the same equipment and armaments as the military. This was put into place so that a well maintained militia could be possible, and the main purpose of that militia was to keep the government in check.
There is only one amendment to the constitution that states explicitly that the rights granted in this amendment "shall not be infringed", and that is the second. The regulation of armaments to US citizens is completely unconstitutional and should never have even been addressed in the first place.

The main deterrent to a mass murdering psychopath is the idea of going up against another armed person, one with the balls to take and stand and defend his or her self and others.

Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2009 Brilliant Black
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to centxsrt8 For This Useful Post:
AROD (01-16-2013), Slim26 (01-16-2013), SRTravis (01-16-2013), WIPLASH (01-16-2013)
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by centxsrt8 View Post
Plain and simple gun control and gun free zones don't work. The whole premise of making something more illegal has absolutely no affect on criminals. All it does is inhibit legally gun owning Americans from procuring weapons through legal means.
Also the whole assault weapon nonsense. The origination of the second amendment was to make available to any and all citizens the same equipment and armaments as the military. This was put into place so that a well maintained militia could be possible, and the main purpose of that militia was to keep the government in check.
There is only one amendment to the constitution that states explicitly that the rights granted in this amendment "shall not be infringed", and that is the second. The regulation of armaments to US citizens is completely unconstitutional and should never have even been addressed in the first place.

The main deterrent to a mass murdering psychopath is the idea of going up against another armed person, one with the balls to take and stand and defend his or her self and others.

Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
You sir are a good man!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 PM

Always will come down to "tell us mr obama again how well criminals follow laws. Theyll get the guns. Im all for gun rights and laws that make them hard for criminals to get but not law abiding citizens. You cant prevent crazy but if anyone saw the news after sandy hook that an off duty cop carrying concealed killed a crazed gunman in a movie theatre? Liberal media would hate that shit to get out too much. On another note upping security would help. Im in colombia south america and its night and day. US depends where you are you can go days without seeing a cop. Here theyre everywhere... train stations bus stops hell the rent a cops at the mall have looks like a 20gauge sawed off with pistol grip. Went to a bank two police motorcycles, a van and a pickup outside with persons by door plus bank security inside. If anyone has seen the slew of bank robberies you think they would go for a bank like that? Ok rants done carry on lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Plain and simple, if we give in here what is next when shit happens again? They come to your door and we have to turn the guns over? Do I think that will happen? no, possible?yes. I'm all for coming up with a solution, do I know what the best option is? No. I did go buy a few guns that were already frowned upon right after Obama went into office the first time though. I think everything that deals with looking into your background for health problems and allowing that stuff easier to get for a good quality background check is fine. I'm against the banning of certain weapons and high capacity magazines and making guns harder to get, I live in Ca and we have some of the strictest gun laws and we still have lots of problems with guns. It's not a gun problem it's a people problem, as long as they address it as that I'm good

PB: 8.05@85.25 1/8 mile
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Elite Contributing Member

And I do not think the NRA crossed the line with their statement about Obamas daughters. They do walk around with armed guards so why is it a bad thing to put armed guards at schools? It creates jobs which are in high demand right now
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.V.GCSRT8 View Post
And I do not think the NRA crossed the line with their statement about Obamas daughters. They do walk around with armed guards so why is it a bad thing to put armed guards at schools? It creates jobs which are in high demand right now
100% agreed. veterans coming home to no jobs....seems like a really good solution to me to give them good paying jobs to protect the kids, too bad that's not really on their agenda. like you said its a people problem and that has been addressed 90% less then the weapons problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
ban, control, gun

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.