The.... "I have a dumb WK1 question" thread. - Page 16 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Night Stalker v2.0
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Srt View Post
how can i get the preform service warning to stop. i do the oil changes my self and it bugs me that it comes up
Turn the key to the on position(do not start the engine). Press the gas pedal all the way down 3 times in 10 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Born to go fast
Premium Member

ok that was a really stupid question i totally forgot that you can do it on the dash in the car. in my srt 4 i had to reset my pcm to do it

Johan tuned, Gsm CAI, BT Polished Catch Can, Jet 180 T-Stat, DC Custom dual projectors with demon eyes 275/315 Toyo Proxies
Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 PM

catch can

3 part question.

First off. I have a local mechanic (who I don't have much respect for after he tried screwing me out of $700 extra for fixing a radiator leak) who claims that the catch can would be a bad thing. He says there's a reason they don't come with them from the factory because that oil it is catching is supposed to go through to help lubricate the valves and everything else. I told him it's funny it's not a good thing to have because people with far greater knowledge than him install them as one of their first mods. Anybody have anything they can tell me to put this guy in his place?

Secondly. How much oil is expected to be seen in the catch can? I installed it about 2 weeks ago and there is maybe an 1/8 - 1/4 inch of oil in it. Is this a lot? And if so, do I need to be worried about anything?

Last but not least. I have an 07, and everyone keeps telling me to get it tuned. I've read that there are issues with the Trinity and the 07s (maybe it's any tuner and the 07). Would it be better to go with the predator if I can find one, or go with the intune? I also see people going through Johan or JerseyBoy for their tune. Is this actually worth spending the extra coin for a daily driver? I want to get the most out of my car, but don't want to affect the drivability (unless it makes it that much better ).

Sorry about the novel. Thanks for the help!

Matt
Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can't speak to the 07 issues but I will say that with a catch can,cold air and 180 Tstat a custom tune is DEFINITELY worth the coin!!!! Night and day difference....I have read nothing but good things bout Jerseyboy as well but I got Johan to tune mine and give him two thumbs WAY up!!!

***Charred***
2008 SRT8*Silver*CAI*Flowmaster*180 tstat*Catch Can*Comp Cams 273*8000k HIDs HI/LOW/FOG*all LED interior*Custom audio*ToonaTooned!!! Paramount Trans!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jptaylor2 For This Useful Post:
tugboatchad (02-19-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptaylor2 View Post
Can't speak to the 07 issues but I will say that with a catch can,cold air and 180 Tstat a custom tune is DEFINITELY worth the coin!!!! Night and day difference....I have read nothing but good things bout Jerseyboy as well but I got Johan to tune mine and give him two thumbs WAY up!!!
I've got the Mopar CAI. Was thinking about getting a different one, but it seems like the general consensus is that they don't make much of a difference which one you have. I've thought about the 180 thermostat but it sounds like I should wait til I have a programmer to change fan settings and all that good stuff. Did the Johan tune make a noticeable difference just driving around town? I have no plans of taking it to the track, but you never know haha.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2013, 06:07 AM

Any tune will make a difference...I got the trinity on my '08 and when I got it it was kinda hard to drive it would not go right away like it had some pedal delay and then bam it would snap and get going...first night I got it home my wife almost put it through a wall just getting it in the garage it jumped about 4-6 feet when she touched the gas lol and freaked her out she cursed me out for getting a car that was too much for her lol...but now with just the canned tune it is very smooth...and the wife is happy

How's that for a novel hehe
2009 Cobalt SS/tc sedan, muffler delete, ARK shorty antenna...
Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Major Contributing Member

The.... "I have a dumb WK1 question" thread.

I agree with Naldo, same situation. Canned tune alone makes a gigantic difference, feels much more drive able now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-18-2013, 12:00 PM

If you go with LEDs in your front turn signals do you need resistors regardless, or only if you're using switchbacks?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

The.... "I have a dumb WK1 question" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuJo View Post
If you go with LEDs in your front turn signals do you need resistors regardless, or only if you're using switchbacks?
Regardless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2006 Black GC SRT8 6.1L -SOLD
Headers, Heads, Cam, Intake Mani, TB, Intake, Exhaust, etc.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:56 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Where do i mount a Billet Tech Catch Can when i have a Mopar CAI fitted - i keep looking but cant figure out where to mount it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.