Jeep pulled over for windshield tint.. "little" story - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Silver & Satin
Lifetime Premium Member

Same in washington^^

2007 Silver SRT
Boost Coming 2015

Quad Retrofit-Chrome Delete-Tint-Satin Black 22"s-Toyo Proxes STII-Solo Exhaust-RM 1.7"-Painted Roof Rails-Trinity-9500ix-Pioneer HU-Alpine Door Speakers-Diamond Audio 12"s-Billet Tech Underhood Kit-6K Highs/Lows/Fogs-Billet Tech Door Locks-TLS LED Tails-LED Rear Fogs-Cree 6K Reverse Lights-Billet Tech Catch Can-Dynamat-R1 Drilled Rotors-Stoptech Brake Pads-Tinted Tails
-Johan Tune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 AM

It seems like that cop was just being a d-bag! It always amazes me how some cops just have to treat everyone like dirtbags. I have been a cop for 12 years and I have never treated anyone like that unless they were deserving of it. Tinted windows are only legal on all rear windows here in Jersey. Most cops out here wont stop you for front tints. A stop for front tints is usually used for probable cause to get a look inside the car. But, if the driver turns out to be a decent person they are let go without a summons. But,there are some small towns that will stop everyone and give them tickets for everything but thats cause they have nothing better to do or they are just plain a- holes. Unfortunately, every police department has that one guy who everyone hates. Gives us all a bad name.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Silver & Satin
Lifetime Premium Member

Sounds like my hometown with the kirkland police department
Old 01-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsycop View Post
It seems like that cop was just being a d-bag! It always amazes me how some cops just have to treat everyone like dirtbags. I have been a cop for 12 years and I have never treated anyone like that unless they were deserving of it. Tinted windows are only legal on all rear windows here in Jersey. Most cops out here wont stop you for front tints. A stop for front tints is usually used for probable cause to get a look inside the car. But, if the driver turns out to be a decent person they are let go without a summons. But,there are some small towns that will stop everyone and give them tickets for everything but thats cause they have nothing better to do or they are just plain a- holes. Unfortunately, every police department has that one guy who everyone hates. Gives us all a bad name.
I just had an issue last night with Secaucus PD.

So I left a friends house around 11:30pm, I went to the Sunoco on Rt3 (12am-ish), then I had to go to the Bank of America in Mill Creek Mall. So I took Paterson Plank Rd to go through the back where the bank is, the cop followed me from that road, into the road to get into the bank then the parking lot for the bank. So I parked in a handicap spot (I have a placard because my knee is ****ed up from a surgery) and I walked into the bank. I saw the cop parked all the way in the back then watching me as I went into the bank. I came out the bank and started the Jeep. He then followed me out all the way to Rt. 3. He then pulled me over after I yield at the yield sign. So I was like damn it took him that long to pull me over. lol

Anyways, he pulls me over and as I stopped I rolled all the windows down, turned on the interior lights, put the keys on the dash and had my hands on the steering wheel and waited for the Officer. He left me sitting there in the rain with my windows down for a minute then he put on the bright white light that's on the car into my jeep. Then he left me sitting there another 2 mins or so with the windows down and in the rain. He finally came up to the window and was like license and registration. I said what did I do he goes, 1.) you have window tints, I replied I have the MD note, 2.) you parked in a handicap spot, I have a placard, and 3.) your loud muffler. I replied I have had the vehicle like this for over 3 years with no issues.

Then he says oh you work here? What are you doing around here? Excuse me? Anyways I replied I left a friends house and I went to the bank that you followed me to. And I have a storage unit at the StorageMart on Flanagan Way. I'm always in Secaucus. He then takes my license and registration and goes to his car. Leaves me sitting there for another 5 or so mins in the rain and then comes back and hands me my stuff and says have a good night with no tickets.

So then I said wait a minute. How come every time I come into Secaucus your police department looks at me like I killed someone? Like I said I have a unit at StorageMart and I go to Natolis deli all the time. And every time your PD sees me with my truck and my NY plates you look at me like I have done something wrong, follow me and stop me for no reason.

He then goes oh dont take it personal but its not you its the truck with the tints, loud muffler. Well its all legal. I have the note. Then I show it to him. He reads it and says oh you have it all figured out dont you? Not going to lie I took offense to that but whatever. Then he goes have a good night and as I got my papers together the cop and his fellow officer that pulled up were staring at the Jeep as I started it. Then I left.

I hate what the Secaucus PD does to me. Its constant.

///rant

Sorry Johnny for jacking your thread. lol

Silver 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookster777 View Post
I just had an issue last night with Secaucus PD.

So I left a friends house around 11:30pm, I went to the Sunoco on Rt3 (12am-ish), then I had to go to the Bank of America in Mill Creek Mall. So I took Paterson Plank Rd to go through the back where the bank is, the cop followed me from that road, into the road to get into the bank then the parking lot for the bank. So I parked in a handicap spot (I have a placard because my knee is ****ed up from a surgery) and I walked into the bank. I saw the cop parked all the way in the back then watching me as I went into the bank. I came out the bank and started the Jeep. He then followed me out all the way to Rt. 3. He then pulled me over after I yield at the yield sign. So I was like damn it took him that long to pull me over. lol

Anyways, he pulls me over and as I stopped I rolled all the windows down, turned on the interior lights, put the keys on the dash and had my hands on the steering wheel and waited for the Officer. He left me sitting there in the rain with my windows down for a minute then he put on the bright white light that's on the car into my jeep. Then he left me sitting there another 2 mins or so with the windows down and in the rain. He finally came up to the window and was like license and registration. I said what did I do he goes, 1.) you have window tints, I replied I have the MD note, 2.) you parked in a handicap spot, I have a placard, and 3.) your loud muffler. I replied I have had the vehicle like this for over 3 years with no issues.

Then he says oh you work here? What are you doing around here? Excuse me? Anyways I replied I left a friends house and I went to the bank that you followed me to. And I have a storage unit at the StorageMart on Flanagan Way. I'm always in Secaucus. He then takes my license and registration and goes to his car. Leaves me sitting there for another 5 or so mins in the rain and then comes back and hands me my stuff and says have a good night with no tickets.

So then I said wait a minute. How come every time I come into Secaucus your police department looks at me like I killed someone? Like I said I have a unit at StorageMart and I go to Natolis deli all the time. And every time your PD sees me with my truck and my NY plates you look at me like I have done something wrong, follow me and stop me for no reason.

He then goes oh dont take it personal but its not you its the truck with the tints, loud muffler. Well its all legal. I have the note. Then I show it to him. He reads it and says oh you have it all figured out dont you? Not going to lie I took offense to that but whatever. Then he goes have a good night and as I got my papers together the cop and his fellow officer that pulled up were staring at the Jeep as I started it. Then I left.

I hate what the Secaucus PD does to me. Its constant.

///rant

Sorry Johnny for jacking your thread. lol
That look they gave you was the, Damn I wish I had one of those Jeeps! HATERS!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rufjatt
Wow that's some ****ed up shit. I got pulled over for tint but never got a ticket just a verbal warning.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2010... 393 PWR/ F1D Procharger/ PWR cam/ Mean street heads/ Ported intake to 90mm TB/ ARH/ Torque Converter/ Cutouts/ BB trans/ F&R Wavetrac/ BC Coils/ BB TCM/ Challengerhood/ Borla S/ 180tstat/ BT goodies/ Vreds/ R1 breaks/ Passport 9500ci.......BLOODIED
Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellge View Post
Go to your DMV and get a derm exception and black the thing out.
In PA the form for tint exception states non color film... any ideas if this will still fly i just got laser eye surgery two weeks ago and im sure i can get the exemption but how to explain the dark tint?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
legal, tint, windshield

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.