2014 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

» Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,146 Posts
Garage
After watching all the video's on the driveSRT site..... I'm totally diggin' the 2014. To me, the price is starting to be justified. The 8 speed, launch control, new gauge setup, new head and tail lights, finally the newer head unit, the BluRay system coming later on this year. It's gonna be a sweet sweet ride and I for one would consider a later model when the new BluRay system comes out. Hey, I got kids man. A kick ass TV/DVD system does wonders for a road trip!! They finally are getting it right IMO. The 12-13 was a nice attempt but just didn't do it for me. I've always said the interior was sweet but that was about it for me.

I don't see myself buying one to go all out like my current Jeep though. I see myself buying it as a DD. Do and intake, exhaust, and tune like my 300 and call it day. I'd do some rims and tint the windows and I'm a done camper.

I don't see myself doing a turbo build on a 6.4L. I've already heard of a few 6.4's popping. 10.8:1 compression is too much IMO to boost and make it live like my 6.1L did. Of course...... I did tell my wife my WK1 was fast enough when I bought it too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
The 6.2 rumors were not referring to a release now. In the coming months the cars should be getting it first. The Jeep, after that sometime.

Hold out for another year and then pick up a very late 14 with a s/c, or early 15. This is my educated guess.The 14 model year is going to be looong!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
My guess is they won't put the 6.2L SC in a Jeep b/c they have the Maserati SUV coming out. I don't think Fiat would pit a cheaper faster SUV vs. one of their flagships.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:21 PM
CROW HUNTER
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
After watching all the video's on the driveSRT site..... I'm totally diggin' the 2014. To me, the price is starting to be justified. The 8 speed, launch control, new gauge setup, new head and tail lights, finally the newer head unit, the BluRay system coming later on this year. It's gonna be a sweet sweet ride and I for one would consider a later model when the new BluRay system comes out. Hey, I got kids man. A kick ass TV/DVD system does wonders for a road trip!! They finally are getting it right IMO. The 12-13 was a nice attempt but just didn't do it for me. I've always said the interior was sweet but that was about it for me.

I don't see myself buying one to go all out like my current Jeep though. I see myself buying it as a DD. Do and intake, exhaust, and tune like my 300 and call it day. I'd do some rims and tint the windows and I'm a done camper.
I agree 100% with you HB.

I really dig all the updates, this is how it should have been in 12'.

Love the new look front and finally leds all around. Excited and intrigued about the 8 speed. The 5 spoke wheels are not as cool as wk1 but soooooo much better than 12-13. Glad to see the better/bigger nav.

I've been watching all the srt digital vids on youtube...the white is kickass! Still have yet to hear details on new launch contol.

I can 100% say I will own a 14' or later. Way to listen and make it up to us chrysler. :-)

Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Premium Lurker
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post

I don't see myself doing a turbo build on a 6.4L. I've already heard of a few 6.4's popping. 10.8:1 compression is too much IMO to boost and make it live like my 6.1L did. Of course...... I did tell my wife my WK1 was fast enough when I bought it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkman996 View Post
I agree 100% with you HB.

I really dig all the updates, this is how it should have been in 12'.

Love the new look front and finally leds all around. Excited and intrigued about the 8 speed. The 5 spoke wheels are not as cool as wk1 but soooooo much better than 12-13. Glad to see the better/bigger nav.

I've been watching all the srt digital vids on youtube...the white is kickass! Still have yet to hear details on new launch contol.

I can 100% say I will own a 14' or later. Way to listen and make it up to us chrysler. :-)
Well put, fellas. Looks like I'll be starting to save my pennies for this bad boy!
Primm907 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Here Dave.... you seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8QP7yy1YE6g#!

Can't get the link to copy right. Click on it and add the #! at the end. My computer has been acting up all day.

Also, have you read this?

Why would you want the new Launch Control system on the all-wheel-drive 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT®? It would seem that there is so much traction that all you have to do is floor the throttle and go. Sure, the Grand Cherokee SRT will leap off the line, pinning you back hard against the seat while it rockets down the drag strip. Performing a perfect launch every time is nearly impossible, even for professionals. Nailing the exact launch RPM ever time is nearly impossible without Launch Control.
"When we showed the car to the press in 2012 the question was, 'How do I get the best acceleration?' And it's, 'don't use paddles, put the car in Track Mode, rev it to 1100 RPM-but not 1300 RPM and not 900 RPM,'" said SRT development engineer Jeff Roselli. "We had to give a very long dissertation on how to do that. So now with Launch Control the button is right next to the Selec-Track® dial on the center console, and it all happens automatically. You basically stop the car and hit the button."
The Launch Control button activates a system that will optimize every possible setting for maximum acceleration off the line. Launch Control will prompt you to hold the brake, straighten the steering wheel and apply full throttle. As soon as you apply over 75 percent throttle the car goes into Launch Mode. The system will change the suspension settings to firm, turn off the traction control, stability control switches to Track, and change the torque split to 70-percent rear, 30-percent front — all with a simple touch of a button.
When you go to full throttle and the engine goes directly to optimum RPM, somewhere between 1400 and 2000 RPM and holds until you lift off the brake. When you do that, the car leaves the line, accelerating as hard as possible with maximum torque and minimum tire spin. As Roselli puts it, "all hell breaks loose." As soon as you do your run and you lift off the throttle all of those functions go back to whatever Selec-Track mode you were in. It is a very temporary thing. You do a fast time and it just reverts back.
"Launch Control is tuned for the drag strip," according to Roselli. "We have the threshold set so you can pre-stage and stage it's only when you hold the brake and go over 75-percent throttle that the Launch Mode is ready to roll. And if the brake isn't on and the steering wheel isn't straight the Launch Control button will flash at you. When everything is right, the light goes solid and you can go."

Last edited by Harrison@Stage6; 01-14-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

So who's putting an order in for a 14???

2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 PM
CROW HUNTER
Premium Member

Thanks HB. I watched that vid earlier but it was hard to hear because Davie was crying.

I see some are still hating and thats fair. I like the new 5 spokes. Lowered with performance rubber and all is well.

As for who is putting in an order, not me. Unfortunately at this time chrysler has priced me out of srt new. Will have to buy used down the road I guess. You better be damned sure I will save every extra penny I can so one day either a new or used one is parked next to my 08 in the garage.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 PM

I'm seriously thinking of trading in my '12 WK2 for the '14. (Either the White or Silver this time). This is what the '12 should've been all along. I'm thinking the new 8-sp along with the new Launch control system should bring the '14 closer to X5M/ML63/Cayenne Turbo performance territory. That plus better fuel economy is a win-win! I luv that new interior!.....the new digital instrument cluster along with the new 8" NAV screen is pure awesome! The interior is finally shaping up to be something that justifies its asking price. I also like the new front & rear LED headlight/tail lights.....very slick!

I'm putting in my deposit to my local dealer as soon as they let me.

My one big concern is build quality. I'm hoping the 2014 has much improved build quality as my '12 has a rash of QC issues.
2012 GC SRT8: Brilliant Black/Black, Luxury Grp 2, Pano Roof, SRT Hi-Perf. Audio, Tow package, 35% front tint, debadged, rebadged, LED rear bulbs, clear bra, CF Rear Hatch Strip, additional CF interior trim.

Coming Soon: 2014 SRT8: Steel Metallic/Sepia, 20" Vapor Black Chrome Wheels

Last edited by Kim910; 01-14-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Senior Contributing Member

This makes my wk2 feel old now, why couldn't they put some of that cool stuff in ours in the first place.
But the good thing is that they are actually making improvements.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEofSRT8 View Post
This makes my wk2 feel old now, why couldn't they put some of that cool stuff in ours in the first place.
But the good thing is that they are actually making improvements.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

I know the feeling....but that's the age we live in.

Look at this year's CES (consumer electronics show) for example.....it's ridiculous how fast technology is changing! Smartphones have become like disposable lighters....buy one today and in 3 months, it's obsolete! 4K HDTV's are just showing up in retail stores (but at around $15,000!).....but 8K HDTV's (with 16X the resolution of a regular HDTV!) have already been announced!

Last edited by Kim910; 01-14-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.