2014 Jeep SRT8 (pic) - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
I still don't get that reasoning. No reason Jeep can't build a quality vehicle that requests a 70k price tag.

So walking into a Nissan dealer to buy a 100k plus car is alright?

Every car manufacture had to start somewhere. Jeep is progressing to the top. If they keep refining their technology, interiors, features, drivability, luxury, and lineup, there's no reason not to build a top of the line/premium vehicle that require a 70k tag.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Where are people seeing it priced at $70K?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Major Contributing Member

My statement is based on opinion, nobody has to agree.
Truth be told there is no other version of a the $100k car at the Nissan dealership. In the Jeeps case there are several models of the GC, and one costs $35k and another can be optioned to $70k.
I will spend $70k at a dealership that builds $70k cars as habit and not coincidence.
I had $50k, so I bought a 300 SRT8.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 PM

Wow I didn't think they could out ugly the current rims. They look like overland rims
Old 01-14-2013, 04:55 PM

I would rather buy a good low mile 06-10, drop 20k on a forged motor. Forced induction, and transmission leaving me about another 15-20k to play with.

But that is just me. Some people have the jack to buy this and enhoy it for a year until the next best thing comes along.

Can't imagine too many of these being sold at that price.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfm56doc View Post
I would rather buy a good low mile 06-10, drop 20k on a forged motor. Forced induction, and transmission leaving me about another 15-20k to play with.

But that is just me. Some people have the jack to buy this and enhoy it for a year until the next best thing comes along.

Can't imagine too many of these being sold at that price.
You are creating a totally different type of vehicle from the information above...

The Wk2+ is a different vehicle. There is no reason Chrysler cannot build a 70k vehicle. As technology increases the gap between (for example) a Benz and a Jeep is going to decrease.

- general statement below
Stop shitting on the brand. Clearly the product that they are putting out now is not the vehicle most people would want. The refinement had taken the platform to new heights. Hopefully they will introduce a stripped down version to please everyone.

Sent from The Nexus 4
*Debadged | Black Reflective Hitch Insert | Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Billet Technology Catch Can & Accesories | Injen Intake | LED Interior Swap | LED Puddle/Entry Lighting | Lower Grill Badge | Tint | 6000K Headlights | 3000K Foglights | Eibach Lowering Springs | QTP Electronic Cutouts | Headlight DRL Mod | Borla S-Type*
Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBSL View Post
Wow I didn't think they could out ugly the current rims. They look like overland rims
I don't like the wheels right now either.

Sent from The Nexus 4
Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 PM

I don't like the shifter in it. It's like the one in the chysler 300.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Nobody is shitting on the brand at all, but $70k is a significant amount of money, and half the fun of the SRT's was that you could have one for a much better price than the competition. It just pisses me off that they have become barely affordable for the same people that could have afforded the previous model years.
I love the Chrysler/Jeep cars but my current will be my last if the prices don't stop growing.

The Following User Says Thank You to RedEight For This Useful Post:
CLStech (01-14-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwag One View Post
Nice find, The launch control seems awesome. I don't like the wheels, the look junky like the Loredo wheels
Ahhhhh.... thank you! That's EXACTLY what's wrong with these wheels. I hope they look better in person.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 PM

I love that seat color..........so glad black isn't the only option. On another note, would it be so hard to put a bigger set of wheels on this thing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.