Coilovers.......Worth it or no? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Suspension / Driveline Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:04 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Coilovers.......Worth it or no?

I'm thinking of picking up BC Coilovers to dropn the jeep instead of going with lowering springs. A lot of bumps with the crappy roads in Chicago and think this is the best way. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 04:40 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Garage
I have had mine for a few days now and love them . I had the Eibach Pro kit on since new and they feel and drive almost the same . I haven't bottomed out at all and I have been to Chicago & our roads are the same . I like that I can play with the shocks to get it the way i want . Only thing is I am ride on my winter tires right now but they feel the same as last winter . Hope that helps
07 SRT8 Silver Cam,PP heads&intake BT CC ,Borla S ,Eibach, Volant CAI Hid's all around Smooth and logoed moldings , Carbon Medic V2 ,Stillen's,Mopar Spoiler , TS led Rear fogs,Quad Projectors, 275/315 Dueller HP Sport ,Eibach's.Tuned By Diablo and CMR by OVERKILL, R1's StopTech's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Moderator/ Smart Ass
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,507 Times in 1,102 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt812 View Post
I'm thinking of picking up BC Coilovers to dropn the jeep instead of going with lowering springs. A lot of bumps with the crappy roads in Chicago and think this is the best way. What do you guys think?
Well if you like a firm ride and you want to be lower than what Eibach and Road Magnet can be they will work but you will bottom out in the front. The rear you can firm up so you don't but it will be as firm as bottoming out and will feel bouncy as you can't make the front as firm as the rear. The BC are better that the K Sport but they still are not perfect. Personally I like mine but I was not trying to slam mine and I still have some room for firming up the front if I need.
Chad (06 Inferno Red GC SRT8) PWR 6.3L, PWR Apache Heads, Stage6 76 mm Turbo, Stage6 Fuel Pump, SHR NAG1-HTCr, PI 2400 TQ Converter, ATI Flex Plate, BC Coil Overs, Wilwood TC6R calipers, Kooks Headers, Mopar exhaust, MM 85mm T-body, Jerseyboy CMR, Bwoody Sway Links, R1 Concepts F Slot & Dimp, R StopTech Pads, Earls Trans Cooler, TLS Rear Fog Harness
Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Coilovers forsure! This is the route I would go if starting from scratch...The lowering kits are good but nothing like the BC kit. Listen to Chad on this one...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Major Contributing Member

I just bought some BC's too. Not installed yet but I'll give my feedback once I've taken her for a spin. I'm running Eibach Pro Kit now but want to lessen the gap between the fender and top of tire. I'm running a 315/25/22 on the back and have more room than I'd like.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Elite Contributing Member

The ride on coilovers is alot firmer than a stock setup with lowering springs.
Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, soon to be released catback, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.
ng.