The Black Mamba - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper View Post
paint them what color? whats wrong w them normally?

Whatever color headlight they go in....silver, black, red rock, whatever. White LED tower inside a black (or whatever color) headlight sticks out pretty bad.
Challenger Hood-Flat Black Wheels-Tinted LED Tails/etc-Kicker-Eibach/RM-Bwoody Links-90mm TB-P&P Intake Manifold-ProCharger D1SC-PPP Pro Series Stage 1 Cam-PSI Springs-American Racing Headers-Mopar Exhaust-5" Tips-JerseyBoy CMR Tune-Trinity w/AFR-80lb Injectors-Fore Rails-Wilwoods-SHR Trans-FTI Performance Convertor-ATI Flexplate-Stage6 Dual Pumps-BT CC & Underhood-R1 Cryo'd Rotors

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Elite Contributing Member

oh i guess the non hid housings are diff, mine are very hard to show ppl i have to point them out in the housings, but thats pretty cool
Old 01-10-2013, 07:55 PM
DAYUM!!!
Premium Member

Thanked 1,480 Times in 935 Posts
Quote:
you can order directly from V-leds, sometimes they have coupons, they have the nice resistors with shields on them too
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial View Post
Already responded to him. I paint them, loom the wiring and all that fancy stuff along with weather proof connections vs those quick connects they use.
I go w/ Dan for this kind of stuff...he always sends a very nice product!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
oh i guess the non hid housings are diff, mine are very hard to show ppl i have to point them out in the housings, but thats pretty cool

I agree. In the stock OEM HIDs with that cover in there you can't see them. On the painted versions of those I generally leave that cover out (up to the customer) and they really need to be painted then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAMFR View Post
I go w/ Dan for this kind of stuff...he always sends a very nice product!
You're the best.......at least that's what Harrison said. LOL
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
ill offer my services if you're ever in need. i'd love to say i worked on a '13 GT500.

specifically when you decide to throw on that 4.0 whipple !

Last edited by DrSheldonCooper; 01-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:

You're the best.......at least that's what Harrison said. LOL
Yeah, but Harrison is in love with Keoni's elbow.

2008 Silver Jeep SRT8 - MagnaCharger, PPP Race Warrior Cam, Kooks headers, Mopar Exhaust, Bwoody end links & 1.7 springs, QA1 shocks, Custom made 4'' CAI, BT Catch Can, DCCUSTOMS LED lights Grille/Brake Ducts, 5000K Fogs, Rear light conversion, Mopar spoiler

1999 Pewter Corvette C5 - with more horsepower in my stereo than my engine and a few appearance mods

Old 01-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Interior lighting isn't blue either......it's purple, and your gauges are red. See:

WTF man. I knew this purple and red thing would start catching on. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 PM

Garage
John why are you going to a 373's? thats pretty low gear for this car, 1rst and almost 2ond are going to be useless under WOT, if they weren't already lol. This car is so powerful as it is, I doubt you need more gear. I bet your 0-60 times will gone up, as you'll have to shift to 2nd before 60 now....Just saying, if I were you, i'd do your pulley swap/other mods first just to see how you like it, as it will be such a huge difference in the way it feels....you may not want a lower gear..

ie..My car has stock 355's, and at the 600rwhp mark there is no way id go lower in a manual trans....just too much power and too short of gear IMO.....if i were auto, that would be different....Im curious to see how you like it a 373 in that car...

How do you find the new Michelin Pilots Sports? Most guys run at least a Drag Radial for street traction....
The Following User Says Thank You to 07rubisteve For This Useful Post:
DCSpecial (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07rubisteve View Post
John why are you going to a 373's? thats pretty low gear for this car, 1rst and almost 2ond are going to be useless under WOT, if they weren't already lol. This car is so powerful as it is, I doubt you need more gear. I bet your 0-60 times will gone up, as you'll have to shift to 2nd before 60 now....Just saying, if I were you, i'd do your pulley swap/other mods first just to see how you like it, as it will be such a huge difference in the way it feels....you may not want a lower gear..

ie..My car has stock 355's, and at the 600rwhp mark there is no way id go lower in a manual trans....just too much power and too short of gear IMO.....if i were auto, that would be different....Im curious to see how you like it a 373 in that car...

How do you find the new Michelin Pilots Sports? Most guys run at least a Drag Radial for street traction....
I am DC and I approve of this post.

Being as I have John's car, still easy to break those tires loose in 3rd. Drag radial or similar would have been my thinking for grip.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Busy
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,455 Times in 956 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jps043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
The Black Mamba huh? Sounds like what YoungMedic wishes he could call his Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Hahaha was waiting for something like this. Well played Harrison.

Quote:
I was alerted to this thread last night by my cohorts.....LOL!

I would first like to state that I am a bad influence for sure.

Also, the G2 paint is Voodoo Blue, you clown. LMFAO. When I said "flash" in the text that was in regards to one of the pics I sent you having the flash on my phone camera.

Interior lighting isn't blue either......it's purple, and your gauges are red. See:

What else, what else......hmmm, that's all I remember. I can load 32 images on your head unit for the photo, time to burn a CD. LOL
Ah tomato tomatoe. Voodoo blue it is. And the interior lighting will be changed when I get back in the seat of my car this Saturday clown. LOL you have too much time on your hands.

Quote:
Let me also add.....

I have some ideas for those amber and red markers/reflectors.

Custom blue air filter, courtesy of DC. LOL

My favorite part of this build is being told on a daily basis that you hate me......not that it always involves the car, but it makes me laugh. LMFAO.
Get used to it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheldonCooper View Post
ill offer my services if you're ever in need. i'd love to say i worked on a '13 GT500.

specifically when you decide to throw on that 4.0 whipple !
Thanks a lot bud definitely appreciate that. That is quite a while down the road but in the mean time we Chicagoians need to get a get together going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07rubisteve View Post

Steve, the reason I decided to go with the 373's is per information I have been reading on the SVT forum. The other members who have made this sway are looking to make more power down low at a sacrifice on the top end. Honestly I will never find a place with enough track to hit 200mph (without heavily modifying the vehicle). So instead of keeping the stock gearing in which was aimed to achieve that goal, I have decided to make it more power heavy down low. However, like you said I know it will only make traction worse. So instead of swapping the gears immediately, I am going to install all the mods on the stock gears, see how I like it and then maybe make the switch.

I definitely agree about the drag radials. Unfortunately I haven't driven it with the new tires yet as I travel every week and don't have time to. I will let you know this weekend what I think. I certainly know these aren't the biggest or stickiest tire but should serve well as DD tires. Drag radials are in the future, but I will not be mounting them to my stock SVT wheels which are 9.5 in width. I will be getting minimum 10.5 inch wheels which I can mount 335's to.

I appreciate your info, it is very useful.

Quote:
I am DC and I approve of this post.

Being as I have John's car, still easy to break those tires loose in 3rd. Drag radial or similar would have been my thinking for grip.
Yeah I know, it will happen in time, taking it in strides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.