Desperately need a service shop in Southern California (LA/Santa Barbara area) - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Regional Forums > West / Southwest

West / Southwest AZ, CA, HI, NV, NM, TX

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:24 PM

Desperately need a service shop in Southern California (LA/Santa Barbara area)

Please,

Does anyone have a recommendation. All of the actual dealers that are close to me (Crown Dodge and Shaver Auto) have terrible service departments.

I just can't come to terms with bringing my baby to them. Unfortunately, I really don't have the means to do the $60k cooling system flush and Transmission service. I do all the other services myself tho.

I'm concerned with someone messing with the tranny that isn't a dealer due to the procedure needed to properly fill it.

Anyone have a shop they can honestly recommend with actual experience with?

Thanks,
Jason from Santa Barbara!
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM

I took mine to Van Nuys Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM and I had them do the trans and transfer case. Service writer was cool and I didn't have any leaks when they were done. Other then this time I have no other experience with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 03:07 AM
Elite Contributing Member

I have Shaver jeep do all my work on all mine and my kids cars when needed and i have there top guy (TONY) do all the work no matter what it is and i also use only KEIR as the service advisior as he also has a srt8. I have never had a problem with there service.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim383 View Post
I have Shaver jeep do all my work on all mine and my kids cars when needed and i have there top guy (TONY) do all the work no matter what it is and i also use only KEIR as the service advisior as he also has a srt8. I have never had a problem with there service.
Interesting. I actually purchased my SRT8 from them as a CPO a few years back. Terrible salesman (are any good, haha) who played repeated games during the process. Guess that is to be expected, but I almost walked out during it.

Couple things about the service department really set me off based on 2 simple items that needed to be repaired that we identified during the sale and they agreed to take care of:
  1. The front skirt bracket (drivers side) was bent pulling the front valance in a bit. I asked that they pull it off and straighten it or replace
    • They claimed they could not straighten it and it would cost to much to replace
    • Took me all of five minutes once Jeep was lifted to unbolt, hammer straight and put back on.
  2. The rear exhaust tips were all crooked. I asked that they straighten those. They said they would spend up to $250 man hours to do this.
    • Service department came back and said the muffler had to be replaced and cost too much.
    • Took me 30minutes (by myself) and loosening (2) bolts to straighten the tips
Apparently they 'DON'T' know how to work on vehicles and the SRT8 specifically.

Maybe I'm too critical, but I find it really hard to trust dealers after the experiences I have had.

Last edited by sandsrfr; 01-09-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsrfr View Post
Interesting. I actually purchased my SRT8 from them as a CPO a few years back. Terrible salesman (are any good, haha) who played repeated games during the process. Guess that is to be expected, but I almost walked out during it.

Couple things about the service department really set me off based on 2 simple items that needed to be repaired that we identified during the sale and they agreed to take care of:
  1. The front skirt bracket (drivers side) was bent pulling the front valance in a bit. I asked that they pull it off and straighten it or replace
    • They claimed they could not straighten it and it would cost to much to replace
    • Took me all of five minutes once Jeep was lifted to unbolt, hammer straight and put back on.
  2. The rear exhaust tips were all crooked. I asked that they straighten those. They said they would spend up to $250 man hours to do this.
    • Service department came back and said the muffler had to be replaced and cost too much.
    • Took me 30minutes (by myself) and loosening (2) bolts to straighten the tips
Apparently they 'DON'T' know how to work on vehicles and the SRT8 specifically.

Maybe I'm too critical, but I find it really hard to trust dealers after the experiences I have had.

Thats why i have only TONY work on my cars and have KEIR as the service advisior and as far as the sales people i only deal with the sales manager on the dealing not a salesman. As far as buying new or used you should always go over the car and get a DUE BILL SIGNED B4 YOU SIGN THE FINAL PAPERS. A due bill is fixing anything you want fixed and they agree on. TONY also did all and any work on my 07 srt8 and i never had a problem.

Last edited by jim383; 01-09-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Major Contributing Member

Jim is standup, follow his advice I can't see him steering you wrong. It never hurts to name drop either.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
Wayne Allen at Moss brothers riverside is my friend, he rocks and drop my name and join our Mopar360 club and he will give you many perks....!!
07 Jeep SRT8~Diablo tune~180 tstat~Afe CAI~Eibach pro kit~B/W end links~B/T catch can~Led fogs and TLS harness~Stillens covers~Black out Rims~AAC grille scanner~FlowMaster exhaust with 5" Tips~Carbon fiber Mirror covers~R-1 Rotors~Blue Tops Solenoids.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Thats why i have only TONY work on my cars and have KEIR as the service advisior and as far as the sales people i only deal with the sales manager on the dealing not a salesman. As far as buying new or used you should always go over the car and get a DUE BILL SIGNED B4 YOU SIGN THE FINAL PAPERS. A due bill is fixing anything you want fixed and they agree on. TONY also did all and any work on my 07 srt8 and i never had a problem.
Thanks Jim,

I'll give Keir a call and feel them out on this again.
***I did get a 'Due Bill' but the limited the time to some $300 and said they went thru that when they didn't fix either of the items.. Not sure if this was the sales team shafting me or the Service dept. at the time...
Old 01-09-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpback View Post
Wayne Allen at Moss brothers riverside is my friend, he rocks and drop my name and join our Mopar360 club and he will give you many perks....!!
Thanks for the info, My wifes family lives down in Hacienda Heights, so if Shaver doesn't pan out for me I think I can swing going there as well!

Much appreciated!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Thats why i have only TONY work on my cars and have KEIR as the service advisior ...... TONY also did all and any work on my 07 srt8 and i never had a problem.
Jim,
Just a followup and Thank You for the recommendation. I was able to take the Jeep to Keir @ Shaver on Saturday and they did the tranny/coolant flushes for me. All seems to have gone well and Keir was indeed a good guy to chat with.

Glad to know that I have them as a backup incase I can't take care of the jeep!

Thanks again,
Jas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.