Turbo question for the pros - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos/Nitrous

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps043 View Post
I've got a twin turbo jeep for sale just in case you are interested. Good luck with your search.
Ive looked at your ad quite a few times, but I would be in big trouble if i spent that much with a baby on the way. Its a dream Jeep for sure

Im not looking for much 500 for now and certainly not dead set on a turbo. What is being done to keep these stock motor turbo jeeps alive at 700 hp? Just very good tuning? I see quite a few signatures that state stock block and 650-800 on a stock motor. Maybe there not stock blocks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Elite Contributing Member

TUNING TUNING TUNING... you have the same problems on D2. Inject the fuel too early and you're cracking pistons.

Get greedy with the timing, it will pop.
Get stingy with the fuel, it will pop.

I can't say for certain, but I don't think there are many stock 6.1s on this forum making 700hp in DD trim with many miles on them. Guys may crank them up and throw some race gas in them to make those numbers, but the pump gas guys with high DD numbers are forged and usually stroked. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

500 is easy man.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

500whp is any forced induction setup you put on the jeep

700whp is gonna be possible as well however as said not too sure how long its gonna last on pump gas

not gonna lie, im going to see what 10psi on my TTC kit is going to yield on 91 octane pump gas. hoping it makes enough power to get me into the 10's, if it doesnt seem to be all that safe i will run less boost on pump gas and then run race fuel for some safety

2009 Brilliant Black-Powertrain: TTC 6262 Kit, Stage 6 2Step, Demon Fuel, Wavetrac & Axles, Full Paramount Driveline, Jet 180* Stat & Lock Cap, Borla S:Appearance: DC Headlights, Tinted Tails , Smoothed Moldings, Murdered, Black Reps, CF Venom Hood, Venom Green Brake Calipers, Eibachs
10's Best Be Coming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.