ESP off question?? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Contributing Member

ESP off question??

So I've read countless threads about a grinding/vibration when ESP is off. When mine is off it is as smooth as can be with no vibration/grinding from a light throttle to a rolling full throttle. The guy I bought it from has service records for the TC fluids and a brand new front drive shaft this year.

Now for when my ESP is on. I have headers with full exhaust. While at light to mid throttle it is very smooth, but when I go full throttle I am feeling a vibration/grinding. No performance loss whatsoever. Rear driveshaft is stock. This is all coming from what I think is right under me. I know the TC is right under me.

When I am at about 90-100 and coasting I get a harmonic vibration from under my seat. Nothing that ever shakes the steering wheel or console.

Any ideas would be great?? I drive stuff until it breaks instead of racking my brain trying to find the problem. I was just wondering what might cause this problem. I know these jeeps have "interesting" drive lines. I know the dealer will tell me it's normal. I can wrench a little bit. I haven't fully got under my rig yet. I'm thinking this week I will.

Thanks guys.
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Garage
ESP off you'll have grinding noise , as for the vibration , there a few threads on that subject here ... Now lay a pic of that avatar big enough so people can see hehe...
6.90 @ 101 & 10.93 @ 122 Boosted @ 9lbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Contributing Member

ESP off I have zero problems.

As for the picture I deleted it off of my phone. Personal Collection!!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Garage
On I meant to say . It's normal on these rigs .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.