liftgate glass pops open - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Senior Contributing Member

liftgate glass pops open

I came out the other day and started the truck and it had the message lift gate glass open. I shut it and thought maybe I hit the key fob. Well two nights ago I was sitting in the truck at my in laws house while my son was napping and the glass popped open again. I thought maybe my knee was on it and shut it. Well 10min later it did it again without me near the glass.

Anyone hear of this before?

Old 12-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
For what it's worth...one time after getting mine back from the dealer I noticed the auto down on the drivers window wouldn't work right and while driving home the back window popped open. Don't know if it was related to them star scanning or what. No probs with either after that.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:36 PM

This is a known problem with the Jeep Liberty. We find my wife's 2004 Liberty rear hatch glass open 4 - 5 times per year, usually in damp weather. Twice the rear glass has opened while driving. We have had the body controller replaced, and the window latch mechanism replaced twice. Hope you can sort yours out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 09:55 AM

liftgate glass pops open

Glad I found this thread. I was driving on the highway after dark from downtown STL and all of a sudden all the cab lights came on and it said cargo lift gate open. I thought maybe I hit the key fob until I stopped into hot shots bar and just happened to look outside where I found my alarm was going off.

It was rainy all day so I'm assuming there is a reason for this from moisture since this was mentioned before.

Any ideas on what I should waterproof if anything. Or what needs to be replaced
ALSO NEED TO MENTION THE ACTUAL LIFT GATE WASN'T EVEN OPEN WHEN IT SAID IT WAS. I opened and closed it with no change

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by ILLMERICA; 03-17-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Senior Contributing Member

See my fix on

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...96#post1014196
Old 03-27-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raist103 View Post
Thank you!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

mine just started doing this, yesterday when I got out of the jeep and was headed in to work I noticed the rear glass was open. so I closed it and went in to work about 30 min later I get a call telling me my alarm is going off. so I go out and the lights are flashing but no horn. I reset the alarm and notice I have a lift GATE open light on the dash so I check it and its closed?????? so long story short when I leave work it still shows the lift gate is open. so it wont remote start and the interior lights stay on all the time. I seen the fix for the rear glass but has anyone figured out whats up with the lift gate open false indication? also its been raining for a week here in Florida well over 12'' of rain and wind gust over 40mph. so im sure water is all inside places it shouldn't be. im going to tear in to the lift gate and see if maybe one of the plugs has water in it. but ill keep you guys posted.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.