Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Grey Wolf: Aussie MG MY13 WK2

16K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  5280SRT8 
#1 ·
Heya guys,

I've been floating around here for most of the year waiting for my WK2 SRT to arrive Down Under. They were meant to be launched in March and kept being pushed back due to supply issues. Well after 9 months, mine finally arrived the other week! She's one of the first 2013s and one of only around 8 in Mineral Grey with the pano & audio (I think;)).

Anyhoo, my New Guy Thread is here, but since I've got some mods planned (&you guys may not have seen many RHD rigs) I thought it time to start a mini build thread. Hope that's cool.

Plans from the outset included: 20% tint front glass, smoke rear tails, rebadge sides, satin hood logo & tailgate trim, 22" rims, lowered rear Eibachs, Bwoody Ram CAI, catchcan, de-pinched exhaust and Borla S-type. Then later a tune and maybe play with stripes or satin hood.

Anyway, here's a few pix with progress so far. More to come! :)

1) 2km's after collecting brand new - got pulled up
. But he let me off after saying "That's a bad ass ride" :D

2) Home with my 67 Camaro 454 - Also RHD (non factory)

3) Refurbing the 22x10.5 Vertini Concaves Satin centre, gloss lip. Sourced used thanks to this forum ;)

4) In case never seen a RHD version :D

5) Wheels fitted (inc 315/35 Vreds) & front windows 20% tint

6) About as far into the Aussie bush as she's going..haha

7) Rear 3/4 awaiting tint, debadge & Eibach rears

8) Tinted tails with film for now. Prob wrap to chrome strip.

9) Debadged & treated to Ceramic Pro paint coating after paint correction

10) The fiancé loves it! Have to hide the keys from her..haha

Plenty more to come (and hopefully better pix after I get a new Camera during the post-Xmas sales) but hope you enjoy for now. I sure am!

Cheers, Deano

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks awesome.

#7 ·
#8 ·
#10 ·
That thing looks sweet...Great Ride man !!!

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the positive comments guys :)

Will definitely keep y'all in the loop as the projects tick on. But also with the factory issues that we all know about. I was hoping some of these may be sorted by MY13 (or bypass RHD) but so be it.

My first service is in just over a week and will be addressing the following (amongst others):

1) Front Bumper Popout: RHS next to headlight. Will give them the instructions shared here ;)
2) Rattle in Door Panel: RHS front speaker area. Only when crank the bass :D
3) LHS Seat Cooler: Stopped working - odd one, but sure is easy fix. Maybe even fuse (I couldn't find)
4) LHS A-pillar Tweeter: Speaker not working
5) A few other things. Very slight rattle at times in pano cover (rear LHS), but not sure of fix? Will also get an oil/filter change, just for safety. Then do my own later on.

Any other TSBs to request whilst in there? Can only think rear suspension clunk?

Cheers again all.

PS - Nah, not yet raced the SRT against the Camaro. I did against the older 6.1 300C SRT (borrowed from work - I was with Chrysler Australia for 5yrs until recently), they were an even match from rolling, but the Chev just spins the tyres on the street. Plus got a new motor coming... when stop pouring money into the SRT 'daily' :D

#15 · (Edited)
I had the rattle in the pano roof as well. They are 14 clips (maybe more can't remember) around the edge of the pano roof, that attaches the headliner to the frame of the roof. You can see the clips if you shine a flashlight just under the headliner. The clips need to be pushed in till they snap in. I did this on my jeep and there were 7 of the clips not clicked in properly. Once I snapped them in, the rattle in the roof was gone. I also though I had a rattle in the door panel, but snapping the roof in also cleared that rattle up as well. I am assuming it just sounded like it was coming from the door panel. Hope this helps. Takes about 30 seconds to do.

#14 ·
dont know what it is but i F'N love those wheels

#18 ·
Borla S Video

Heya, Friggin love the S-Type. Is quite when you want it to be, and scare pedestrians when you need to. Others have mentioned MDS drone on the ATAK, but honestly, it's 100% sweet. I sit on the freeway in MDS every morning so I know.

Tried to do a comparo video (to share on this site), but doesn't give an appreciation of how much louder the Borla is. At least you can tell its deeper. Here anyhow:

http://youtu.be/XYNI48uLXq8

Short version - Reccommended! :cool:

Reactions: SC00BB
#20 ·
Love the tires and wheels!! I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of 22" wheels. I'm going to get 22x10.5. As far as the tires, I'm looking at 305/35/22. Do you notice any wheel rub? Did you or are you planning on lowering your vehicle? If so, I believe there may be some wheel rub then.

Thanks,
Rob

#21 · (Edited)
Cheers Rob. No rub with this setup. Need to update this thread - got Eibach rears in at moment that 'level' it out a bit more, but fronts stock. A couple of 'alternate' approaches in the WK2 suspension section here, but not 100% on them yet. Want lower tho ;) Pix soon...

#25 ·
Def louder (& deeper). On take off you can here the mic distort and correct to cut volume. Is why hadn't really posted it yet.. Want to try again ;) Love it!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.